What is Photography on the Fly?
Kirsty Larmour is a lifestyle photographer who focuses on telling the stories of the lives of her clients and her own children as she travels the world. She suffers from extreme wanderlust and loves to capture the essence of a place wherever she goes.
In this Guide she’ll take you through how she looks for great light and compositions no matter who she’s photographing, or where she is, and how she captures emotion and environment to take the viewer right into that moment in time. She’ll share through her thought process in weighing up a scene so that she can be present in these moments, wherever in the world they are. She will guide you through her gear and camera setting choices and how they help her to make intuitive decisions when taking photos. She’ll talk you through how she engages with and encourages her subjects to capture authentic moments and carefree wonder in her images. The sections are broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can slowly work through all the different elements that combine to make compelling and truthful images. Kirsty’s guide is full of inspiring imagery from her travels and her client sessions, and she will help you to believe in your own ability to capture the authentic moments in your life anywhere.
In the videos you’ll get a chance to see how Kirsty works as she talks through what she was seeing and doing whilst making photos.
Kirsty’s thought process allows her to literally, photograph on the fly and will help you to do the same. Whether you’re photographing beautiful clients, your kids in your own back yard, your annual family vacation, or globe trotting like Kirsty, she will lead you on a journey to make your own photography become more intuitive, so that you can soak up the moments no matter where YOU are!
What you'll learn:
- How to work with light at any time of the day and assess it accurately
- How to create strong compositions quickly
- When to incorporate elements of the environment into your storytelling
- How to capture the essence of a place as you travel
- Learn to recognise opportunities for great photos, whilst also capturing the all important everyday moments
- How to encourage and engage clients or your children in picture taking
- Waiting for the right moment so that your pictures are about what YOU want them to be about
- How to infuse YOU into your photos no matter where you are
- How to trust yourself and the process so that it becomes intuitive.
- Staying in the moment and being present so that you enjoy the beautiful moments rather than just observing from behind a camera.
A PDF covering how Kirsty photographs varied subjects and environments no matter where in the world she is
Exercises to help you to include your environment in your photos in different situations
Videos with clients - both indoor and outdoor sessions showing how Kirsty assesses an unknown location and difficult lighting situations
Video of Kirsty shooting in full sun in a crowded tourist spot followed up by how she culls and edits those photos in her signature style
Video with background on some of Kirsty’s favourite images, how she shot and edited them, what her intent was, and the stories that they tell
See more of what's inside HERE
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share