Date & Time: April 9-30, Fridays, 7-9pm PST
Do you wish to integrate imagery like old photographs, graphics, drawings, or paintings into your art or craft projects? Image transfers are a beautiful option to achieve this because they are versatile and can add a uniqueness to your work like no other material can. This class will teach you about gel image transfers; how to create them, how to integrate them with other elements in your art pieces, and how to use their transparent quality to enhance your designs. You will be working on a project in class where you will learn some painting and layering techniques to compliment your chosen transfers imagery. No previous knowledge of transfers is required to join. Beginners and painters/artists with more experience are welcome. Four Wednesdays, 1.5-2 hours per class, max. 8 students (aged 16+).
IN THIS CLASS YOU WILL:
• Gain knowledge on what transfers are and the benefits of using them in your projects
• Learn what images are appropriate for an image transfer artwork
• Master creating excellent quality acrylic image transfers and learn how to integrate them into your work
• Learn to choose backgrounds and work with transparent/translucent layers
• Practice how to use paints to highlight your transfers
• Follow my process in making an image transfer painting from start to finish
• Work on a piece of art integrating painted backgrounds, imagery and transfers
THIS CLASS IS FOR:
• Anyone who wants to learn about image transfers, how to create them and integrate them into their art/craft projects
• People who love imagery, whether these images are photos of animals, plants, people, places or things
• Those who wish to have they own photos, drawings or artwork turned into an image transfer
• Persons who wish to learn a new/versatile technique to add to their art practice or wish to improve their image transfers technique
* No previous knowledge of transfers is required to join the class. Beginners and painters/artists with more experience are welcome. The steps are easy to follow and information provided is clear and concise. You will gain a new skill and have fun creating!
• A smooth non-stick surface like a of glass or Plexiglass 8x10 inches or larger
• Plastic binder sleeves or kitchen trash bags (to store transfers)
• Stretched Canvas, canvas board or wood board (8x10 to 9x12 inches ideal size)
• Liquitex Regular Gloss Gel Medium OR Golden’s Soft Gel Gloss
• Polymer Matte Medium
• Assortment of Laser photocopies (you may use/print the files provided or bring your own)
• Paper to Paint On - Mixed Media or 90 lb. watercolour paper is ideal
• Acrylic Paints
• Paint Brushes (a variety of shapes and sizes would be ideal)
• Palette knife
• Tubs for water
• Plastic or covers to protect your table/work area
• Paper towels/ Rag
• OPTIONAL MATERIALS sharpies, acrylic markers, oil pastels, assortment of decorative papers, other acrylic mediums
If you have questions about the class or materials, please feel free contact me via my contact form on my website: http://mtmhobbes.com/contact.html
NOTE: You will be given the Zoom ID and Pass Code 1 day before workshop starts. This is a class primarily for adults (16+) but students 13 years or older are also welcome but must be supervised by an adult. You must have basic computer skills have a device that has both audio and video. Refunds, minus a processing fee, are given up to 48 hours before class start, after 48 hours no refunds will be given.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for purchasing your seat to join Painting with Image Transfers with MTM Hobbes. I am looking forward to seeing you in class!
I will send you the Zoom ID and Pass Code 1 day before class, so please check your email then. If you do not see it, please check your spam folder.
Also, please read the list regarding the materials, print it out or keep a copy. Sorry, there will be no refunds issued for those who joined the class but had the inappropriate materials, so please read carefully. Also, feel free to contact me via my website's contact form if you have questions about the materials (www.mtmhobbes.com/contact.html).
Please remember to have your materials ready before the workshop starts in order to participate and get the most benefit from our time together.
If for any reason the class is cancelled by the instructor and you will be notified at least 48 hours before workshop starts and you will have the option to receive a full refund or to take the same class at a future date.
If you need to cancel, full refunds can be issued up to 48 hours before class starts. After 48 hours before class starts NO refunds will be issued.
Please feel free to contact me via my website mtmhobbes.com/contact.html for questions.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.