The Material Texture Loader is a 3ds Max script, designed to quickly load in textures, create a material and apply that to your scene. It works both with PBR, Specular and Metalic workflows, but it can be used for any type of texture that needs to be loaded as part of a material.
Support Vray, Corona, Redhift, Arnold, FStorm and Standard materials.
Compatible with 3ds max 2016 to 2020.
- Texture regonition based on industry standard name filters and customizable names.
- Create all required maps with correct gamma for each corresponding material channel.
- Live material creation, through intstant texure loading, channel assignment, material and map editing.
- Link Mapping and Coordinates for all bitmaps and triplanar maps of the same material.
- Quick parameter setup for bitmaps and materials, like Mapping Channel, Real-world mapping size, Blur filtering, IOR and Material ID.
- Easily apply materials to Selected object, Material editor or Drag and Drop functionality.
- Choose between Standard, Vray, Corona, Redshift, Arnold and FStorm texture maps and materials.
When you load in a set of textures, the maxscript will put textures into a material slot based on certain name conventions that are present in the filename. So textures that have 'color' or 'albedo' in there name will go into the Diffuse slot. Reflection, metallic or specular named textures go into the Reflection slot.
You can manually select or de-select textures from any material slot and once you are happy you can select a bitmap and material type, along with a host of other settings.
Once you press 'Create', you can apply the material into your scene or material editor.
Gamma for the texture channels set automatically for you. Diffuse, Reflection Translucency and Emmision channels are set to gamma 2.2 or sRGB color space. All other gamma values are set to 1.0 or linear color space.
The material texture loader gives the user the ability to add triplanar mapping to all texurtes as well as link Cropping and UVW Coordinates, so when you need to adjust these settings, changes will be applied to all created textures at once. This is very especially useful when working with atlas textures. But it speeds up pretty much the whole material creation process.
With the Update button active, all changes you make inside the Material Texture loader will be applied instantly to you created material.
If you have any suggestions, feature request, or bug reports, please email me to the address provided in Support.txt. Future updates will come soon.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share