Make a bunch of these small banana-shaped zippered pouches! Perfect for: sewing tools, glasses, pencil case, supplies, or for gifting!
Use Joan’s tricks for sewing a zipper in along a curve and swapping the zipper pull color for fun. Grab your favorite fabric layer cakes, sew a little, cut a little, zip a little and done!
Basic sewing skills: straight stitch, zigzag stitch and 1/4” seam are used in this project.
Finished size: 4” x 9”
- Two 10” squares coordinating Fabric. Not ideal for directional prints.
- One 10” square Dreamy Fusible Fleece by Lazy Girl SLG106 or SLG1061
- One 22” or longer zipper, polyester, all purpose, YKK brand recommended
- One Split Ring, size 1” from Lazy Girl Designs LGD716
- Template: 8 1/2” x 10” piece of Template plastic OR trace/copy onto paper.
- Optional: Extra zipper pull from same manufacturer if you want to change the pull color.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- Straight and zigzag stitching.
- Size 70/10 or 80/12 SCHMETZ Universal or Microtex sewing machine needle.
- Erasable marking tool recommended.
- Follow manufacturers directions for fusibles. Press cloth optional when working with fusible interfacing.
- Even-feed (or walking foot) presser foot
- Zipper foot or 1/4” presser foot
- Standard presser foot