In this live online workshop, professional producer, director, and visual FX designer Mark Sawicki helps independent filmmakers understand the processes required to determine how they will produce a film which relies on special effects in order to achieve the producer’s vision while meeting their budget requirements.
This is a critical workshop to review if you are working to produce a film which relies upon green screen, optical fx, stop motion puppetry, computer fx, digital environments, digital characters, motion capture, digital animation, etc.
After attending USC Film School, Mark Sawicki began his career as a visual effects cameraman under Bill Taylor and Albert Whitlock, swiftly becoming an expert in image matte photography. He has gone on to create a large body of work, including FX in The Terminator, X-Men and The Dark Knight Rises. As a working expert in Optical and Computer FX tools and technology, Mark has authored multiple textbooks and taught for UCLA Extension, NYFA, AI, USC, Kodak, Weynand, etc. You can learn more about Mark’s extraordinary body of work at https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0768105/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1 and you can connect to him at https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-sawicki-2a83169/.
Topics addressed include:
- Understanding the wide range of options you have for creating the FX your audience sees on their screens.
- Why the right FX choices translate into a high-value film you can produce and release quickly, and the wrong choices lead to a film you might not be able to make at all.
- Why FX choices have to be made before the film is budgeted and why the producer has to make the key decisions at the script stage.
- How directors work with FX designers to create a signature look and feel that makes their work marketable.
- How Producers & Directors master new, more cost effective production techniques, over the course of their career and why that’s important to do
- How film and game production universes are colliding and what that means for producers currently working to budget, fund, produce, and sell their films in terms of competition, budget, production schedule, crew and cast choices.
Questions? Email email@example.com. I look forward to being of service.
Get complete support for your creative career at https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
50+ Testimonials on Alignable at: https://alignable.com/santa-monica-ca/film-funding-club
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.