* David Tinsley shared his love of aviation with the "Boss Bird" airplane, which served as a flying billboard to promote his restaurants.
* Learn more about this unique Gooney Bird at: http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeDossier.php?Serial=23848
* This add-on livery is for application upon the VSkyLabs ("VSL") C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project digital aircraft model version 2.7 for X-Plane 10. Obtain it from...
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, tailored to the targeted version of X-Plane.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation.
* An optional replacement for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions are enclosed.
* This livery was originally released as a member of the 6-count bundle titled "Legacy of Liveries #1", which was included in SimSmith's (now defunct) "Pro Paint Kit for VSL DC-3" released in October of 2017. For X-Plane 11, the bundle count has been increased to eight liveries.
* Since further development of this model for X-Plane 10 was halted at version 2.7b1, no further updates to this livery targeting X-Plane 10 are anticipated.
* This livery is available for the X-Plane 11 version of the VSL C-47 Skytrain (v2.79) at:
* Exposed metal in X-Plane 10 is represented within the texture image (a.k.a. "baked-in"), while those for X-Plane 11 leverage the Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") feature for real-time reflections. Realize that many liveries were not shiny at the point in time the livery represents.
* This livery's panel lines and rivets emulate the left-side passenger door applicable to this airframe, although the protruding cargo door hinges remain visible since they are defined via a shared texture region.
* Small exterior parts that may be visible on the default liveries (such as the roof antenna and wire) may be intentionally made invisible by SimSmith to represent the real aircraft's equipment.
* Visible jagged lines are never desirable in a livery, but can occur where the developer's texture mapping causes stretching or the texture region's resolution is too low.
1. X-Plane version 10
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 10 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files plus the full understanding that by applying the modifications mentioned, you waive any support from VSkyLabs, who has not authorized these edits
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from SimSmith.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Contributions via https://simsmith.codes enables the production of future X-Plane add-ons.
* Purchases via https://store.x-plane.org/SimSmith_bymfg_117-0-1.html are the ultimate compliment.