May 26, 2019 Update
* This livery is now compatible with version 2.8 of VSkyLabs C-47 Skytrain FLP for X-Plane 11.
* New interior and exterior textures are included.
* See "the changelog.txt" included in the download package for details.
A collection of liveries (does not include the plane) applicable to the VSkyLabs Douglas C-47 Skytrain version 2.79 add-on aircraft for X-Plane 11, depicting a sampling of the liveries worn by the real-life Douglas C-47 bearing the manufacturer's serial number 19345.
1. United States Army Air Force 42-100882
2. RAF Royal Canadian Air Force TS422
3. Royal Canadian Air Force 422
4. Keir Air Transport CF-KAZ
5. Trans Provincial C-FKAZ
6. Pacific Coastal C-FKAZ
7. Soundair C-FKAZ
8. IFL Group N5831B
9. McNeely Air Charter N5831B
10. J. Johnson N5831B 2002
11. J. Johnson N5831B 2003
12. Dakota Heritage N5831B
13. Dakota Heritage N473DC
* Each exterior texture is customized to represent the subject livery as it appeared during the targeted year.
* Likewise, individual interior textures are designed to depict the aircraft's cabin space.
* As of version 2.79, passenger seat visibility is toggled in the simulator by clicking upon the equipment rack located aft of the co-pilot's position. Some individual liveries intentionally do not display the equipment rack and seats.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their optional activation.
* Optional replacements for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
View the Google Photos gallery for this collection at:
See the latest review of the flying model and this livery package at:
1. X-Plane version 11
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs Douglas C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this collection (about 404 MegaBytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment
* Any component or content of this package are not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer of this package, Robert Heyen d/b/a SimSmith
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with or endorsed by VSkyLabs or Laminar Research
* Do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package
* Support requests should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com