“Learn Object-Oriented Java the Hard Way” is a book that teaches you the object-oriented parts of Java with over 50 complete example programs that illustrate each concept step-by-step.
Each concept is demonstrated with working code and explained so that you understand what every line of code does and why it is there. After you work through this book, you should be able to understand the basic structure and function of any Java program, even large programs by professional developers.
- 309-page book in PDF, Kindle and iPad formats. Really learn the object-oriented features of Java, even if other books have failed you.
- Java source code for all the example programs in the book
- dozens of Study Drills (one per chapter) to test your understanding
- Fields and instance variables
- Methods and Parameters
- Reference Variables vs Primitives
- Generics and Casting
- Abstract Classes and Methods
- Creating JAR files
- Graphical User Interfaces in JavaFX
- Mouse and Keyboard Input in GUIs
- Testing and Efficiency
- Algorithmic Complexity and Big-O Notation