Be fearless with Fobio! Cut a basic zipper apart, take off the pull, stitch one side of the zipper tape in straight and flat. Features Joan's One-Zip technique of creating a loop style zipper. Bring the zip ends together and use Joan’s Easy-On trick to easily add one or more zipper pulls to make this lanyard-style key fob. Grab your favorite scraps, some bright zips, extra pulls, then go wild or mild and make a few or a slew! Fobio zips up to your wrist to secure. Clip to our Sweetpea Pods or Becca Bags pouch for an instant wristlet!
SEE ZIPPER NOTES BELOW
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- The Fobio pattern is in PDF format and is 5 pages of cover/instruction.
- Full color photo instructions.
- This is a rotary cut design, no pattern pieces provided.
- Pattern includes a Bonus project.
IMPORTANT ZIPPER NOTES:
- The One-Zip technique works with polyester, All-purpose, basic apparel zippers (size #3 or #4.5) by YKK, Coats & Clark, or Talon brands.
- All zipper tape and pulls must be by the same manufacturer to work together. Example: only use YKK pulls with YKK zips. Some Coats & Clark zips are actually by Talon and will say so on the zipper package.
- The One-Zip technique does not work with metal or sport weight zippers.
- Test zips and pulls to make sure they work together before installation.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Straight Stitch, rotary cutting (no pattern pieces provided).
- An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful.
- This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTSRead the Important Zipper Notes
Approximate size: 1 1/4" x 6"
Note: To swap zipper pull colors as shown on the pattern, buy extra pulls. The pull that came on the zipper will work with that zipper.
- Zippers, pulls and key fob hardware available from Zipit on Etsy.
- Fabric: One piece 2” x 14”
- Interfacing: One piece 2” x 14” Face-It Soft SLG103 lightweight fusible
- Zipper: One 14” (or longer) polyester all-purpose YKK recommended
- Optional: 1-2 extra zipper pulls by the same manufacturer as zipper