Save £14 PLUS Free Shipping if you order before the launch promo ends on 31st July 2017
Can't get on with Downloads? Let us ship you this unbelieveable bundle on a USB flash drive (ships from UK)
What's in the Bundle?
Masterclass #1: THE FULL video coverage of Dr Ishigaki's 2013 On-stream Seminar on the Discover Tenkara Syndicate Streams (with exclusive Extra Technical "TIF Breakdown" Commentary).
This accompanies Season 1, Episode 1 of the Youtube program "Tenkara in Focus".
Get the full coverage of the On-stream demonstration portion of the 2013 event that 25 lucky participants paid £120 each to attend.
But with this HD video (MP4 Download) You get something that was not available on the day: Point by Point technical breakdown by Paul and John
Not only do you get the unmatched opportunity to view (and re-view!) a master tenkara angler at work - you also benefit from John and Paul highlighting vital learning points that are so easy to overlook without external guidance. This is the power of video!
Dr. Ishigaki Insider Notes PDF: THE SIMPLE, EASY TO ABSORB WRITTEN EXPLANATIONS OF TECHNIQUES THAT WILL MULTIPLY YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUCCESS WITH TENKARA: Taken from Dr Ishigaki's 2013 On-stream Seminar on the Discover Tenkara Syndicate Stream.
The PDF set of Exclusive Insider Lesson Notes puts the icing on the cake of the video coverage of this fantastic and exclusive English-language demonstration by one of the world's foremost tenkara experts and ambassadors: Dr Hisao Ishigaki.
Masterclass#2 THE SUBTLE MASTERY OF KURA-SAN Don't miss this complete video coverage of an exclusive 40-minute Personal Tenkara Masterclass given by Kazuo Kurahashi and Go Ishii in Itoshiro, Japan
Alan Swann (the pupil in the lesson) had this reaction:
"I felt blessed with a special privilege... On stream tuition from 2 tenkara masters at the top of their game...it doesn't get much better than this!"
So this is your unique chance to gain all the insights, on-stream teaching points and discussion right alongside accomplished travelling angler Alan as part of our trip to Itoshiro, Japan in 2016.
- Foolproof preparation routine (including the astonishingly simple step that lets you avoid a common "glass ceiling" in your casting accuracy and presentation)
- The most frequent pitfalls that do the most damage to your chances on-stream (and easy tactics to avoid falling into them)
- How to use current features and structure to conceal yourself (while still letting you put your fly in front of a feeding fish)
- Demonstration of the best pace to cover the water for tenkara (and also when you should not change your position)
- How to move around stream without spoiling your chances of catching fish
- Changing position and angle to gain increased control over your presentation (and how altering the angle of attack can provoke a response in a previously unwilling fish)
- Seeing and using the most gentle "hackle-animating" fly manipulation (a very under-appreciated but highly-effective tweak)
- Understanding the sequence of casts that keep your chances of enjoying success as high as possible
Kura-san Insider Notes: A surgical breakdown of the techniques for success used by Kazuo Kurahashi and Go Ishii on some of the most demanding rivers in Japan...You can't fail to benefit from insights like:
...and more vital insights
- Which (super-common) ways are you shooting yourself in the foot before you've even made a cast?
- The 3 tell-tale fish habits that Kura-san looks for before starting to fish (and how he uses these "giveaways" to choose his approach **NOT featured in the video lesson**)
- How to use the "box approach" to move around the river and drastically cut down the number of fish you scare before they get chance to see your fly
- Simple but powerful intelligence points to gather before and DURING your fishing to guide your tactical choices
- The obscure, high-level trick to draw fish out of fast water and induce easy-to-hook "eats" of your fly (this is the water ignored by most fly fishers)
- The value of gently animating the hackle of your fly (and not much more!) by super-subtle "luring" or "manipulation"
- Positional thinking that puts you in control of the pace and position of your fly
- The sequence and pace of covering spots on the river that will give you the best chance of enjoying success on tough days/rivers
Masterclass#3 Go Ishii Join Alan, Neil & Chris as they get a privileged personal masterclass from top Japanese tenkara practitioner Go Ishii covering the tactics, casting and line-control for tackling the most difficult, high-pressure rivers in Japan – and around the world.
(NOW INCLUDES BONUS GO's TOP 10 QUICK-FIRE TIPs)
In addition to the tactics and information in the Insider Notes PDF for his demo, Go shows you:
- How to cast to the perfect “sweet spot” distance that prevents your fly dragging back towards you when it lands on the surface (keeping all the benefits of tenkara’s ultra-light touchdown of your fly at range)
- Where to aim for delicacy – and where to aim to produce an attention-grabbing “splat” of your fly (and when you should use each of those tactics!)
- How to work downstream “luring” fly manipulations and ride the most productive features in the current – even when you are casting UPSTREAM in the main flow (this is the skill of “working” complex eddies)
- Actual demonstrations of the casting strokes and line control that solve the problem of side-winds AND cross-current drag for presentations at any angle to the current (including “up and across”, “across” and “down and across” - DRAG-FREE & MANIPULATED)
- How to manufacture a downstream presentation (and the control of drift-pace that comes with that) even when obstacles to your back-cast mean you can only cast out, across the stream…
All this is delivered in relaxed, unassuming simple language along with real-time practical demonstrations on-stream in incredibly challenging conditions.
It will arm you with those invaluable techniques that let you catch fish when others fail and give you confidence on tough rivers and picky fish. These are the previously unpublished, unfair advantages that the best tenkara anglers in the world have developed in their collaborative “workshops” on Japan’s toughest, crystal clear and unforgiving rivers.
We know from our own experiences just how valuable these tactics are for trout around the world outside of Japan. Maybe it's time you added those same advantages to your tenkara skill-set?
P.S. Go's Quick-Fire Tips are instant improvements you can make to your understanding and enjoyment. These are taken from dozens of conversations we've shared with Go since 2014. Go's top 10 are included here as two free bonus PDFs...PLUS:
Insider Notes PDF where Go-Ishii lifts the lid on his insider skills for unlocking technically-demanding rivers and ultra-picky fish.
Clear text and diagrams in my PDF technical breakdown let you discover Go’s secrets of:
- How to catch difficult fish from difficult current-seams using a downstream approach (you’ll need special line-control tactics for this)
- Learn how to position your line to fish downstream, straight-line dead drift even when casting across the stream (this aerial “set-up” tactic makes sure your fly is fishing effectively the instant it lands – and STOPS your fly from dragging off-line out of the hot zone)
- Find out exactly how to set up and use the “controlled-speed” (slotting) downstream presentation to tempt the most difficult fish by ensuring the first thing they see is your fly, travelling at a pace that says “I’m helpless and easy to catch; eat me!” (…even when your back-cast is blocked by obstacles)
- See the “angle changes” on manipulated fly presentations that work for Go when unlocking moody or picky fish (these can let you have way more contact with fish on difficult days – or even save you from getting skunked)
- Eliminate the annoyance of snagging your line or fly on the rod due to side-winds (detailed diagrams show Go’s exact casting stroke that keeps the line on the down-wind side of his rod WITHOUT losing delicate, pin-point accuracy)
- Know when to “weigh anchor” to work particular fish and when to “set sail” in search of fish – based on angler traffic
- How learning tactics for pressurised iwana (Japanese char) can be perfect for tackling tricky trout of multiple species in rivers around the world (especially fishing for “hidden” fish that may even change colour to improve their camouflage)
Go also finally reveals to you the tactic that me and JP have been sitting on since 2014 (and that his great friend Kura-san played a major role in developing) – the technically demanding “Number 3 NYLON Level Line” approach for Cross-stream dead-drift (not for novice casters or beginner tenkara anglers, but an incredibly effective tool for intermediate and advanced tenkara casters)
Together with ensuring that you perfectly understand all the direct demonstrations of the casting stroke (and hand movements), the varying rhythms AND the angles of fly manipulations that are shown in his Video Masterclass ; these notes ALSO give away some extra secrets that are not highlighted in the video.
I am delighted to have had the chance to sit down and create this technical commentary of Go’s excellent tuition and deep tenkara knowledge for you. I was extremely happy to see how the diagrams came out (more by luck and some dogged persistence than anything else!) and that they make some difficult technical points easy to understand. Understanding those points will catch you more fish...it's that simple.
When considered together with the exclusive insights of his Video Masterclass, the take-home message is just how lucky we are to have access to this wonderful and previously unpublished resource in high-level Japanese tenkara tactics.
Don't forget to Save £14 PLUS Free Shipping simply by ordering before the launch promo ends on 31st July 2017