Indie filmmakers need to know how to swiftly license and sell their Film & TV rights to distributors in the US and worldwide if they are to thrive. This set of resources, created to support 40,000+ EntertainmentIndustryEvent.com members, teaches you what you need to know. You can get them free by typing $0 in the price box then clicking I Want This.
Learn How to Sell Your Film & TV Rights in the US and Worldwide: Learn how to access the industry's leading worldwide TV & Film rights selling platform, RightsTrade.com. It gives you direct access to 10,000+ buyers in 125 Countries, the ability to send and track secure screeners, and a deal wizard you and buyers can use to negotiate and document industry standard deals. This platform is used by studios, sales agents, and big indie producers to sell their film rights to SVOD platforms, Theater Chains, Broadcast Networks, Cable Networks, in the US and worldwide.
- Learn what your film needs in order to get distribution.
- Discover how to approach foreign buyers and how deals are closed.
- How terms of a deal negotiated and enforced.
Learn How to Sell & Pre-Sell Your Films at Film Markets from an Expert: Ilyssa Goodman is a senior level entertainment executive as well as an accomplished Motion Picture Director, Creator, Producer and Sales Agent. Her credits include: Motion Picture & Television Producer: Warner Bros. / Fox / ABC Family / E!; VP Distribution: RGH Entertainment; Production / Development Consultant: Animal Planet; Co-Production / Business Development: SaskFilm; Director of Development: Bonneville Producers Group; Director of Development: Universal Studios; Acquisitions Coordinator: Miramax Films. In our interview you learn:
- What the Buyers at the Market are Actually Looking For
- Budgets, Production Value, Key Cast and other Elements that Matter to Buyers
- The Materials and Strategies Required to Effect a Sale
- Pre-Selling a Film During Development, Pre-Production, Production & Post
- What to Do if Your Film Doesn’t Sell at AFM
- The Changing Film Distribution Landscape & “Guaranteed Film Distribution”
- How Independent or Direct Distribution Works and What it Requires
Learn about Selling Finished Film & TV Content to Acquisition Pros with Ron Cobert, Sunscope Entertainment, CEO
Ron Cobert, Sunscope Entertainment, CEO has worn all the hats (producer, writer, director, director of photography, cinematographer, editor and actor). These days, his global network of talent, investors, filmmakers, sales reps and distributors is vast and he uses his knowledge to arrange US and overseas licensing deals for completed films and television series.
To get this recorded workshop, just click I want this, fill in the blanks, then click View Product in the confirmation email.
Topics addressed include:
- Successfully Merging Art and Commerce
- 5 Key Characteristics that Make it Easy for a Low Budget Film to Find Distribution
- 3 Very Common Mistakes Filmmakers Make During Production that Make Their Film Almost Impossible to Sell or License
- The Key Difference Between Producers Reps, Sales Reps, and Executive Producers who Negotiate Distribution
- Marketing your Film Before, During, and After Production
- When Creating a Micro Budget Project Makes Sense ($10K-$100K)
- The Important and Expensive Difference Between a Documentary and a Narrative Film "Based on a True Story"
- When & How Producers Get Paid from Distribution Deals
- WhenWriters & Actors Benefit by Becoming Producers and When They Don't
About Nancy Fulton
Nancy Fulton has been writing, producing, and publishing profitably for more than 20 years. She enjoys teaching and has taught for UCLA, the Art Institute & School for Creative Startups in the UK. She offers face-to-face and online events to 25,000+ writers, producers, performers, media app developers, and other creative entrepreneurs every month.
She founded EntertainmentIndustryEvents.com to create and support working writers, screenwriters, and producers in Hollywood and across the United States. She currently supports more than 25,000 industry pros.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.