Think of this course as Agile for Dummies (or Agile for anyone and Agile for everyone). This agile course will allow you to Master the most important concepts and tools of Agile Development, Agile Project Delivery & Agile Project Management.
This Agile Crash Course has been designed to enable you to become Agile the Agile way! You will become Agile certified when you finish this course (you will get a certificate upon completion) and you will learn from an Agile Master, an expert Project Manager & the author of The Mini Book of Agile: EBOOK, AUDIOBOOK, PAPERBACK.
Curriculum -2 hours and 17 mins of video content
- Intro and The Definition of Agile
- How Is Agile Different?
- Agile Principles and a Little Bit of History about Agile
- FAQs About Agile
- Key Agile Concepts
- The Agile Team and Agile Tools
- Agile Rituals and Agile Myths
- The Best Free Tool to Manage your Agile Projects
- A Real Life Example of an Agile Kanban Board
- A Real World Example of a non IT Agile project - Part 1
- A Real World Example of a non IT Agile project - Part 2
- A Quick Jira Tour | Jira from Atlassian the most popular Agile tool
- A Real World Example of an Agile Kanban Board in Microsoft Planner
- Before you start with Agile & How to get started with Agile
- Agile Roles
- Agile Job Opportunities and Salaries
- Agile Recap
What will you learn?
- The key concepts and tools of Agile Development, Agile Project Delivery and Agile Project Management.
- The meaning of user stories, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and kanban boards.
- How to apply Agile in your job and projects.
- The difference between Agile and traditional project delivery.
- The benefits and advantages of Agile.
- Why Agile is the preferred development methodology in the modern world.
- About the history of Agile.
- Why Agile isn't only for Developers.
- Why Agile isn't only for IT projects.
- How to use Agile to deliver quickly and often.
- How to use Agile to learn from your mistakes.
- Here is what you will receive with your enrollment:
- High-quality video lectures that explain the different terms and concepts with real world examples and applications.
- Downloadable handouts which you can use as a reference, study guide, cheat sheet and the go to resource on the job.
- Quizzes and activities that help you validate what you learnt and put it into practice to increase your information retention.
- 1-on-1 expert Instructor support to answer your questions or clear up any confusion you might have.
- Lifetime access with no expiration so you can complete the course at your own pace, anywhere, on any device and come back for a refresher at any time.
- Free course updates so you can continue to benefit from enhancements made to this course.
Why take this course?
- You will become Agile certified (you will receive a certificate upon completion).
- You will get a ton of awesome Freebies, templates, real world examples and other resources to further your education, knowledge and experience.
- I will share with you the Best Free Tool to Manage your Agile Projects.
- You will be prepared to apply Agile to your projects.
- You will be able to speak about Agile with confidence.
- You will understand the difference between Agile and other methodologies.
- You will learn from an Agile Master and Agile expert who applies Agile on a daily basis.
- You will learn why Agile isn't only for IT or Tech projects but it's actually applied across many industries worldwide.
- It's short, effective and practical. Think of this course as agile in a nutshell.
- It's been developed from the ground up with a focus on quality.
- You will get tools and tips that you will love.
- It's value for money. You will spend a small amount but gain a lot of knowledge.
- You have nothing to lose, give yourself the opportunity to learn something new and powerful.
- You will get the inside scoop on all my future courses.
- You will get an Agile Project Management Certification when you complete the course.
°°If you already made up your mind about taking this course just click on the "I want this!" button°° If not, keep reading about this agile course.
Why take this course and not another one?
- It's a Crash Course. So no bs, no fluff, only the good stuff :)
- Buy with confidence. It's not a coincidence so many people buy this course.
- It was created by the founder of The Agile Knowledge Base (AgileKB dot com).
- It was created by the author of The Mini Book of Agile, available on Amazon.
- My value proposition is unique (see below "Pledge to All Students").
- It comes with Closed Captions (subtitles in English).
- It includes free tools, free downloadable templates, real world examples, tips and freebies.
- You will learn from an Agile expert who applies this on a daily basis to his personal and professional projects.
- It has an active Q&A Community with real life questions from other students. Always answered by your expert Instructor.
- This course gets updated on a regular basis and you get all updates free for life!
How will this help you?
- You will be able to deliver projects, products and apps quickly and often, the Agile way!
- You will go fully prepared to a job that requires knowledge in Agile.
- You will feel more confident about Agile and how to apply it.
- You will be able to add this to your CV (just put it under "Professional Development" Agile Crash Course, AgileKB and Year of Completion). This will help you land more jobs!
- What you will learn will make you effective and successful :)
- After completion of this course you will get an Agile Project Management Certification.
Who is behind this course?
An Agile Expert and serial entrepreneur, techie, life hacker, expert Project Manager and MBA (x2) who founded The Agile Knowledge Base (AgileKB dot com) & wrote The Mini Book of Agile, available on Amazon.
This course is specifically for:
- People who want to learn about Agile.
- Beginners, people without any Agile experience or knowledge.
- People who have heard the words "user stories," "backlog," "retrospectives," "sprints," "scrum master," "product owner," "MVP," "swim lanes," "kanban board," etc. and wondered what it meant.
- Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Data Base Administrators and basically anyone interested in learning Agile.
- People who want to learn about an exciting methodology,
- People with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- People capable of taking notes and applying the concepts and tools provided in this course.
- People that think that traditional project delivery takes too long and want to explore other options.
- People who want to learn about the most important and popular Agile Methodology: SCRUM.
- Creators who want to launch products faster, the Agile way!
- People who want to get an Agile Project Management Certification.
This course is not suitable for:
- People that prefer quantity over quality.
- People that like lengthy and theoretical explanations.
- People who aren't prepared to go through the entire course and take notes.
- People who expect things to work out without any effort or preparation.
- People who already have a lot of experience with Agile and are more intermediate to advanced.
- People who want to learn about less popular Agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP).
°°If you think this course is for you, then go ahead and click “I want this!" and we'll be in touch soon.°°
- You will learn Agile! If you don't ask for a refund within 30 days.
- Agile is currently the preferred delivery option in technology projects and environments across the world. Yet Agile is not only for IT!
- Agile will allow you to deliver projects, products and apps quickly and often.
- Agile is the buzz word and a global trend. More and more people want to learn Agile every day in the world.
- Agile is not perfect and it won't solve all your problems. But it will give you a different view and approach to managing them.
- Agile is not suitable for all projects but it is for many.
- Knowing about Agile will allow you to land more jobs and this agile course will help you prepare.
- You will enjoy this agile course, guaranteed.
What are people saying about this course?
People love this course, but don't take my word for it. Feel free to read below from students just like you!
"This course was amazing! When I initially began learning Agile methodologies on my own I was a little overwhelmed because there were bits and pieces on the internet everywhere. This instructor put everything together for me in a format that I was able to consume and comprehend in a day! I definitely appreciate you. It was well worth it. -Monroe Walker"
"This course has an engaging conversational style and includes useful examples, images and explanations. I have taken some other Agile courses, and so far I felt this one gave me the most value, really helping me see how I could apply the Agile approach in the real world (and not just to IT projects). I gladly recommend this course to others. -Paul Tousignant"
"The course was simple and very informative, as well as affordable! I would recommend it to those interested in the subject. -Rod Cano"
"I was delighted with the experience i had in this course. You can tell Mauricio is a natural with educating and a guru when it comes to Agile. He delivered the entire agile methodology in a thorough fashion, yet it was concise and easily digestible at the same time. He is sincere and honest and probably taught me more than other courses out there which can charge $500 + thank you so much mauricio -Julian Kaldawi"
"Love the practical examples which printed in my head and I want to talk to my colleagues about this...Love it! -Madhuchhanda Pradhan"
"The company that I currently work provide Agile course to all employees, but I can tell THIS was much better than that!! congrats Mauricio you are awesome!!! -Iris Franco de Paiva"
What are the advantages of Agile Project Management?
- Agile Project Management fosters an environment of constant collaboration, teamwork and focus on execution.
- In Agile Project Management you have direct input from your customer throughout the whole project.
- In Agile Project Management you constantly reflect for improvement with sessions called Retrospectives.
- Agile Project Management shifts from traditional long documentation processes and long meetings to agile, lean processes, practices and rituals such as the daily standup.
- In Agile Project Management roles blur, meaning everyone can participate on different tasks regardless of whether it's their "official" role or not. For example, not only testers test, but others too (if the teams decides that).
- Agile Project Management, allows you to focus on value and the minimum required working solution known as the MVP (Minimum Viable Product). So you apply a basic/yet really important concept all the time: keep it simple!!! Don't build a Ferrari if all you need is a skateboard!
- Visual boards (Kanbans) and reports (burn down charts), are a key part of Agile Project Management. It allows everyone to stay on the same page and be able to understand speed of execution, areas of improvement and more.
- And there are many more advantages, but you'll learn more about that as you go through the course :)
Does this course include an Agile Project Management Certification?
Yes, you will receive an Agile Project Management Certification upon completion of this course (an AgileKB Certificate of Completion which you can download as a pdf).
Can I add this Agile Project Management Certification to my CV?
Yes, of course! You can add this Agile Project Management Certification to your CV or Resume. I recommend you add it under a heading called "Professional Development," then, just add the course title, year of completion and AgileKB at the end.
Does an AgileKB Agile Project Management Certification have any value in the real world?
Of course it does! Even though AgileKB is not a University and does not provide "accredited" certifications (like the one you would get from a University), AgileKB is the biggest Agile Knowledge Base in the world. So it definitely carries weight and is increasingly becoming recognized worldwide. So rest assured adding this Agile Project Management Certification to your CV increases your probability of getting that dream job in an Agile environment or Project Management.
Step into my classroom and start learning about Agile now. You will learn about powerful tools and concepts that will enable you to become more successful in your projects. We will go beyond the definition of Agile, from rituals and tools, to activities, concepts, examples and reflections. So take the course now to learn what all of this means in more detail and how you can apply it to become and Agilelist.
°°So if you haven't done so already click on "I want this!" now! Or... What are you waiting for?°°
- This course was developed the Agile way, in under 50 hours!
- The creation process involved a high level of attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- The 1st iteration of this course was a living example of an Agile Concept: the MVP or Minimum Viable Product.
What's New (Latest Course Updates)
- General improvements and enhancements
- Added new resources & templates
- Included new tools
Pledge to All Students (both current & future students)
Students First. I will never compromise your experience to make money. Never, ever. Yes, this is also a business but to me teaching goes way beyond making money. I already have a full time job and fortunately don't rely on teaching to survive. You are always at the forefront of my courses and I want to ensure you have a unique, valuable and memorable experience. I promise.
24x7x365 Support. You can contact me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round, even on holidays, Christmas and New Years Eve; I will get back to you quickly (in a few hours tops) and deliver outstanding quality of service in my support. I promise.
Humbleness, kindness and social responsibility. I believe in giving back to you and the world. So think of me as your own real-life human "Siri." If you need advice or support just ask. And if I can do something to help you in your journey, I will. I promise.
Australian Made. Recognized in the Industry as a symbol of quality and excellence. All my courses are Made in Australia with high tech and professionally edited. They also include my secret sauce: a lot of passion & love! I also apply in my courses everything I've learnt from years of experience working with technology, projects, entrepreneurs and people all over the world. I promise.
Quality over Quantity. I will strive to make courses concise, to the point and relevant. Time is one of our most valuable assets and we need to invest it carefully. So I won't make a course long for the purpose of displaying it has more hours; only when strictly necessary. To me it's about quality and if I can deliver that in 5 minutes and save you time, I will. I promise.
About the Author: Mauricio Rubio
In a nutshell, I'm a serial entrepreneur, techie, life hacker, expert PM and MBA (x2). But at heart, I'm also an Educator.
Mauricio in Numbers
- Founded or co-founded 9 business startups.
- Invested in 8 personal startups.
- Studied 2 MBAs and 1 Bachelor of Engineering.
- Teaching hundreds of thousands of students in more than 180 countries worldwide (that's nearly every country on the planet!).
- Traveled to 10 Countries and lived in 4.
- Lives in the most beautiful city in the world, frequently ranked in the Top 10 places to live & visit.
- Works for a prestigious University, ranked 1st in Australia and 8th in the world among young Universities.
- Worked for a Fortune 500 company (Johnson&Johnson) for 6 years. During that time received a High Performance and Global Leadership award.
- Was in the Top 40 in the world that were part of J&J's Global Operations Leadership Development program inaugural class.
- Created over 100 Online Magazines with more than 18,000 curated articles from all over the world.
- Host of the Join Me for Coffee Podcast with over 80 Episodes and counting.
- Speaks 3 languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).
[NEW] Recent Accomplishments
-Published a new book: The Mini Book of Agile, now available on Amazon
-Published a new book: How to Make Money in the Modern World, now available on Amazon
-Received a letter of recognition from the CEO of a Billion dollar company for my contributions in an Agile project
-Entered the High Income Earners bracket in Australia, one of the wealthiest countries on the planet
-Tripled the passive income from my startups in less than a year
-Launched a Research Data Management Plan tool for Researchers
-In the Top 10% Most Engaging Instructors on Udemy
-Won a Hackathon by creating an immersive virtual reality experience
-Achieved an Agile DSDM certification
-Rolled out OneDrive to over 8K users in a business for collaboration and data management
-Successfully migrated over half a BILLION archived emails from an on-prem solution to Office 365 in the Cloud
My passion for entrepreneurship, technology and education started when I was just a kid. By the time I was 15 I had already started three businesses: candy commercialization at school, newspaper recycling in my community and car washing for family and friends. I had also moved from Colombia (South America) to the U.S. to experience first-hand the American culture, something I was always curious about. By the time I had reached my 20’s I had moved on to a knowledge based business, teaching English. And the rest as they say is history. I got married, became a self-taught investor, started trading stocks in the U.S., Australian and Colombian markets, traveled the world, migrated to Australia, did 2 MBAs and started all the startups listed below. I also speak three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese), have been to over 60 cities in 10 countries & 4 continents and have also lived in Colombia, Mexico, USA and Australia (my home).
1) AgileKB - The Agile Knowledge Base | Everything you need to know about Agile Project Management & Agile Delivery
2) AgileLee - Online Courses, Audio Books, Templates, Coaching & More
3) thePMKB - The Product Management & Project Management Knowledge Base | Everything you need to know about Product Management and Project Management
4) Ureducation - Free Online Courses & Outlet Priced Courses | Curated Online Courses from the world's leading Online Training Providers and Instructors
5) Podcasters Haven - Shutdown | Global Online Community for Podcasters and aspiring Podcasters
6) TOTC: The Online Teachers Club - Shutdown | An Online Teaching Community
7) Udemy - 38 courses launched, more to come | Knowledge turned into useful / commercially viable courses
8) Numbby - Shutdown | a crowdsourced/curated source of data, statistics and everything in numbers.
9) Todoenbienes – Shutdown | a social network for selling and buying products and services.
1) Global MBA with Tulane University. Studied in New Orleans (USA), Paris (France) and Beijing (China).
2) Migrated to Australia as a Permanent Resident and Skilled Professional.
3) Started a Street Performance Documentary on YouTube (you can google it, just enter "Street Performance Documentary Mauricio Rubio Parra").
4) MauricioRubio the website – On Going | Free knowledge sharing. It's my way of giving back to the world.
5) Amazing photography - Find it on Instagram (just search "_mauriciorubio")
6) Quora - Answering questions for the world
7) Join Me for Coffee Podcast - News, technology and my recent thoughts
8) The Mini Book of Agile - a book that jam packs the key concepts, fundamentals and tools of Agile Project Management, Agile Development & Agile Delivery
***Behind the Scenes
It's not all pink, ponies and rainbows. Even though I have had many successes as a person, professional and entrepreneur, I have also been rejected many times. A lot of people have not believed in my projects or ideas and have not supported me in my journey. Yet, like Jack Ma I have kept moving fwd because I strongly believe I'm doing the right thing in pursuing my dreams and projects (go to youtube and search "Jack Ma rejected by Harvard"). Here is a list of the people who have rejected me recently (to name a few):
1) The prestigious University MIT, twice in 2016
2) The Boston Global Mass Challenge in 2014.
3) The Colombian Government - Trip to Silicon Valley in 2014.
When I reflect on what I've done in my life I always conclude that even though I've done a lot, I still feel there's a lot for me to do, to explore. But I'm happy with what I've done so far, so I wanted to share some of those unique adventures with all of you. Moments that I treasure in my heart and that will always be part of who and what I am. I also realize that not everyone gets the opportunity to experience some of these things first hand, so I feel grateful, blessed and fortunate for all of these experiences:
1) Climbing the Great Wall of China. It wasn't so hard going up, but coming down was a true challenge. I could feel my knees shake all the way down due to the small steps, the incline and the weight of my body. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath but I made it all the way up and all the way down.
2) Hunting Crocodiles in New Orleans. You can watch this one on youtube, just search "Mauricio the Crocodile Hunter." I had a blast with this experience and probably took unnecessary risks which could have lead to me losing a hand lol, but I had a lot of fun.
3) Swimming in an Underground River down in Mexico. The water was crystal clear, there were branches everywhere and it was a very unique experience. I loved it. At times I was a bit scared too, but overall I enjoyed it. The trees over the river were amazing...
4) Visiting the Salt Cathedral in Colombia. This place is a human marvel. An entire cathedral built on a salt mine, with salt Yes, salt! It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life and on that day I felt really proud of being Colombian and of the amazing things Colombia has to offer the world. You should watch "Colombia Wild Magic" on Netflix so you can understand more about this.
5) Seeing the Opera House and Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Australia for the first time. You have no idea how excited I was on this day. I almost couldn't believe I was there and could feel my body shake with excitement. For a moment I thought I was going to cry and I guess I almost did. You experience the true might of Australia when you're in Sydney.
6) Climbing the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Seeing all of Paris from the top of the Eiffel tower was so amazing... But even better was having some wine with friends on a bridge, visiting the Louvre, Sacred Heart and Arc of Triumph. All incredible experiences. France is a very unique country and their contributions to humanity are incredibly important.
7) Driving 20 & 40 Ton Half a Million Dollar Excavators in North Dakota, near the border with Canada. Oh this was so much fun. Brought me back to when I was 5 years old and I was playing in the sand with friends and cheaper toys. So re-living that when I was older with huge expensive toys was awesome and fortunately I didn't wreck any of these bad boyz.
8) Putting one foot in the ocean and another one in a river at the same time in Brazil. This South American country is rich in culture, great music, good food, friendly people and beautiful views. I never thought I could be in a river and the ocean at the same time until I went to Brazil. Definitely memorable. Some of the best fish I've ever had in my life I ate in Brazil. It just melted in my mouth and I loved it.
9) Climbing the Sun and Moon Pyramids in Mexico. Everything looked so small from up there... and I felt so much peace at the top of these places that I will never forget them. You should know that despite of its violent international reputation, Mexico is probably one of my favorite spots on Earth. Great culture, amazing food, nice people and very vibrant. There's always something going on down in Mexico.
10) Snowboarding & Rafting in Aspen. Aspen is one of the top ski resorts in the world and its international reputation is well earned. The views and mountains of Aspen make you feel like you're in a postcard. It's just so beautiful and unique, you just have to see it for yourself to fully understand it.
11) Eating ants and frogs with the locals. Yep, I've done it but wouldn't do it again. Of course these weren't the typical ants you see around, nor were the frogs. They are both "special dishes" and varieties of ants and frogs where I had them and to be honest they weren't that bad (the ants were roasted and tasted a bit like nuts and the frogs a bit like chicken), but like I said, I wouldn't do it again lol. No offence to the locals of course :)
12) Visiting Potsdam in Germany. This was once the house of Kings and Queens and it truly is a very unique place in Germany. You should know that of all the countries I've been to, Germany is one of the Top 3 places I would go to. I love it. Such a great place. Really organized, clean, secure, green, cultural. It's just a country with so much history. Unfortunately, some really dark history too as we all know, but let's not even go there.
13) Petting Kangaroos in Cleland, South Australia. This was my first big encounter with Kangaroos. I was able to pet them and feed them and it was magical. Cleland is such a wonderful place. Truly a hidden gem in Australia and a must see if you're in Adelaide. I've never eaten kangaroo meat and I never would after this experience. It would be like eating a bunny, I just couldn't do it.
My wife and I arrived to Australia on April 25th 2014, Anzac Day. April 25th is a special day for Australians all over the world, and to us, it is now not only special because of its history and what it means for us as a country, but also because what it means for us as a family. It marks the day we arrived to Australia and the future generations of our family will continue to celebrate and commemorate this day just like any other Australian would, but also like we as a family would due to its special meaning within our family circle.
We arrived to Australia with four bags, a bit of money in the bank, no jobs, no friends and no family, nothing. It was hard. And it would put us to the test many times, but we made it. Partly because my wife was so strong in the early days. The beginning was really hard for me. The first six months I questioned myself whether we had made the right decision and whether I would be able to tolerate being so far away from my family and friends back in Colombia. At times I felt I wasn't strong enough even though I always thought I was prepared to leave the country and had already lived in other countries before. This time it was different. I can't really explain it, but I just knew this time I wasn't coming back and that feeling hit me hard in the beginning as I adapted to a new country, a new culture, a new city.
In the early days my wife and I were in survival mode. So we would not make any unnecessary expenses and would walk everywhere (we didn't have a car back then) & would even share a meal and a juice. We also lived in a very very small apartment. As in really tiny. But we made it work and made the best of it. I still remember the first time I was invited to play soccer in Australia... I had no soccer shoes and even though I could buy them I didn't want to given I didn't have a job. So this generous and kind guy gave me his. And many other people would show us kindness and generosity in the coming months. People would drive us around, invite us for dinner, introduce us to other people and stuff like that. And eventually we would end up finding jobs in record time. Something rare amongst migrants with zero local experience.
In August 2019 my wife and I became Australian Citizens. This of course is something we feel really proud of and it also makes us very happy.
The Professional (My CV)
Master of Management and Engineer with decades of experience in Product Management, Project Management & Business Analysis (Agile certified). Expert in software and mobile development (including agile development and digital services) with a strong capacity to drive innovation, productivity, efficiency, improvement, growth and high performance.
Experience with Higher Education, small, mid-size and large companies; proven track record of consistently exceeding targets, delivering projects on time and within budget (flawless project execution).
I've lead course development, LMS, CMS, CRM, mobile apps, Facebook apps, web development, new product development, IT, operations, sales and procurement projects across a wide range of industries including Higher Education, IT, FMCG and Equipment industries. I also worked for the following companies:
-An Australian Go8 University, ranked in the Top 1% in the world.
-The leading Online Training provider in Australia: e3Learning, part of Open Universities Australia which has big clients such as Qantas, IGA and Tupperware.
-A Colombian compact and heavy equipment distributor: ETECOL, part of Doosan and Bobcat a global company with Billions of dollars in sales.
-An American high tech startup with important clients such as NASA, the White House and the U.S. Department of Defense.
-An American Fortune 500 company: Johnson&Johnson one of the biggest and most respected brands in the world.
Master of Management - Tulane University
MBA - ICESI University
Bachelor of Engineering - Javeriana University
Entrepreneurship 101 - MIT
Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching - Harvard University
Skills & Areas of Expertise
-Agile Development & Agile Delivery
-Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
-Job Interviews, Resume/CV & Cover Letter Optimization
-Supply Chain & Operations
-Spanish, English and Portuguese
Why do I teach?
-Because I love sharing knowledge and helping others
-To make the world a better place
-To empower others to reach their full potential
-To create a sustainable, wealthy future for my family
-To help others reach their goals
"I'm not an ideal man, but a man of ideas" -Khodorkovsky
What am I working on right now?
-I'm preparing to make a multi-million dollar investment to secure my family's wealth for generations
-Growing the business and making improvements & enhancements across the board. This is one of my specialties and a key reason for my success. I never stop working on this, which the Japanese call "Kaizen" or Continuous Improvement
-Diversifying the business across different channels, markets and countries
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! Your email has been automatically added to our free joinmeforcoffee.com.au newsletter: Take your Business or Project & Product Management Career to the next level with free knowledge and education resources. But don't worry, we won't spam you or sell your data and you can unsubscribe at any time if you wish to do so.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.