* * * The Fantasy * * *
An exclusive property in the North Atlantic has just become available for those seeking a rugged and remote locale at which to establish their base of aerial operations. Despite its dire name, Angreland features a well-established airfield with a 10,000 foot concrete runway and significant aircraft and personnel support facilities.
Located between Iceland and Ireland, Angreland boasts over a thousand miles of pristine rocky shoreline harboring a large variety of North Atlantic wildlife. Situated on the Eastern coast, a secondary gravel airstrip of 3,000 foot length hosts a long-term scientific research station measuring the impact of changing environmental conditions. Angreland's peak elevation of nearly 7,000 feet (2110 meters) rivals that of neighboring Iceland's Hvannadalshnúkur. Sparse woodlands speckle the island and remnants of the early colonists can still be seen with a keen eye.
Airborne visitors are encouraged to drop in for Angreland's appearance!
* * * The Reality * * *
The set of files that comprise this package will add fictitious scenery to your installation of X-Plane version 10 and/or 11. This new scenery will be located well offshore from any real-world topology, so there will be be no conflicts upon its installation. No third-party scenery libraries are required ...only Laminar Research and custom SimSmith elements are implemented.
Enjoy this scenery as it is installed for...
* a visit to a new destination
* an intermediate stopover during a long journey
* a guilt-free target to release aircraft ordnance
or, modify it to...
* create that secret base you have always wanted
* try editing tools without risking damage to existing scenery
* X-Plane version 10 or 11
* About 70 Megabytes of local storage space
* Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move files & folders
Instructions for installing this scenery are provided in the included "_read me first" text file.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with or endorsed by Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the files included with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package are not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Support requests should be sent by Private Message on this website or via e-mail to email@example.com.