Class length: 34 minutes
Expanded booklet: 18 pages
This class will teach you a variety of beginner weaving techniques!
- Tools and materials
- Making your own wooden frame loom
- Warping your loom
- Starting a weaving
- How to tabby/plain weave (with good tension)
- Finishing a weaving
- Two different ways to make fringe
- Attaching a dowel for hanging
When you purchase this class, you receive a 34 minute long instructional video, and an expanded booklet containing the full transcribed text, as well as plenty of bonus information not mentioned in the video; including details on where to find the tools, materials, and supplies that I recommend; tips for being environmentally sustainable; tips for achieving “good” tension in your weaving, and more.
Being self-taught in my practice, all of the techniques included in this class have been learned through hands-on experimentation. Everything is specific to my own learning and creative process, and is by no means the only way to weave. The purpose of this class is to give you an intimate look into my artistic practice, which will specifically focus on the essential techniques that I use to create my own woven artworks.
Interested in learning more?
Class 2: Extended Techniques, includes lessons on:
- How to make raised (hand-tufted) circles and squares
- How to secure and trim tufted areas in your weaving
- How to make a tufted gradient square
- Connecting and separating Weft
- An in-depth look at mastering your tension
This class is based off of specific questions asked by you, and I know you’re going to love it!
A note on pricing:
If you are unable to afford the cost of $30 CAD, please contact me directly at email@example.com and we can work something out.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy Class 1: Weaving Essentials.
Happy weaving :-)