Looking for fun, new, fresh introduction to duet playing?
You have found it!
This collection of 8 lively pieces (16 pages) is ideal for Saxophone players of modest abilities who are just starting out and want a fun introduction to duet playing in the Jazz idiom. The original pieces that explore the Blues and Jazz styles are carefully written in comfortable keys, so as not to overwhelm ! The lower part is slightly more challenging to play, suitable for a player who is slightly more experienced.
Ideal for Practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
- Grades 1-3
- Easy and Fun to Play
- Simple Keys
- Ideal for beginners
- Limited range
- Basic Jazz Rhythms
- Bb parts included
videos for all the pieces- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmosj4iHBoB4wZWjT5QH_-H9E5guRUu_t
" Jazz Duets Blues series of duets for Saxophone will help anyone get deep in to the roots of the past and the future of this music”
1. Bourbon Street lively blues in G with a classic blues introduction
2. Hobo 12 bar blues in F, exploring the core major-minor sound that give the Blues so much flavour!
3. Ramblin, a riffy tune, with rolling jazz lower part
4. Delta Blues catchy bass line with hook that is contagious!
5. Fats offers a slow moment of peace and tranquility!
6. Memphis a memorable shuffle bass accompaniment that has a rock 'n roll sound!
7. Jive Blues explores the world of difference between long and short quarter notes
8. Barrel House Blues Querky blues with challenging to and fro parts- rather like a game of ping pong!
9. Memphis Trio (Bundled) - A trio version with Solo! and modulations.