There are two versions available for download:
- 3.40 for Blender 2.79
- 3.42 for Blender 2.8
What is Auto-Rig Pro?
Auto-Rig Pro is an all-in-one solution to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export for Unity and Unreal Engine. First developed for my own projects and needs, i've released it a few years ago and many new features have been added since then.
Want to try first? Download Mike, free character rig here.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Important note about skinning: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. Knowing the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, to fine tweak the bones influences is recommended. For character made of multiple separate parts, it's best to use the Voxel Skinning addon.
Due to recent API changes, Blender 2.79 is required.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match the character proportions. To speed up this process, a built-in solver will automatically try to find the body (bipeds only so far) and place the bones accordingly. The result can be edited if necessary (if the character is not a biped or fore more accuracy). Generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine and neck bones amount, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever...
Finally, add your own bones over to complete (hair, or any specific needs...)
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates: select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror.
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures...
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Additionally, to animate over a motion capture action on an additive layer, check the additive keyer addon (free)!
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, to proven engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, and probably others not yet tested relying on the Fbx format. Shape keys are transferred as well.
Three export types: Universal to export a simplified bones hierarchy for any creature, Humanoid for bipeds only, with options for easy retargetting and root motion, and Generic to export the deforming bones and the non-deforming ones if they are parent of the deforming bones.
- Twist bones included in option
- Unit conversion to initialize the scale transforms to 1.0
- Unreal Mannequin bones hierarchy and naming
- Full facial, and advanced bones such as tweak bones
- Actions baked on the simplified rig
- Selective action export
Bring your poses to the next level!
The additive weights controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they've been developed using an innovative system to operate on a second layer of deformation, for fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc.
Just use them instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds character
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Fingers, toes, ears, breast, adjustable amount of spine, twist bones, tail, and neck bones. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig creatures with multiple arms and legs.
- Easy bone shape edition
- Custom colors
- A clear, easy to use and colorful bone picker
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. Bvh/Fbx files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- 11.869 lines of code craziness
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender
Rig: Multiple twist bones generation for the arms and legs. The next step is to implement a third mode for secondary controllers: "Twist", to use twist bones as secondary controllers, for 1:1 export compatibility.
Export: Support of multiple twist bones in Universal and Humanoid modes, for better compatibility with game engines without dual quaternion skinning.
Export: "Transfer Twist" has been renamed "Export Twist", behaving in the opposite way: if enabled, twist bones are exported. This is more straightforward and easier to understand.
Export: Normals can now be exported in tangent space
Export: More tabs to avoid scrolling
Export: Breast weights were not exported when Advanced was disabled and Mannequin Axes enabled
Export: Fix Bones Rotation that could lead to invert the bone roll
Smart: Force Solid view mode when entering Setup Facial, to make sure facial markers are visible
All features have been ported to Blender 2.8
Blender 2.8 is a big update, full list of changes here.
New or improved:
Rig: New "Empty" armature to build a rig from scratch, instead of starting from a biped/quadruped basis. New button to add limbs. New button to adjust the selected limb parameters.
Rig: Disabling a spine bone no more disables the neck and head limbs as well
Rig: Ears bones amount can now be adjusted
Rig: Neck bones amount of duplicated necks can now be adjusted
Rig: The auto-eyelid rotations are now constrained to avoid aberrant angles
Rig: Update Armature now show an informative line to warn the user to click Match to Rig afterward
Picker: Errors are now better handled, if the target bone is not found or a bone shape is missing, the error is skipped
Fbx Export: Actions can now selectively be removed before exporting
Fbx Export: Root motion option is now available for Universal type
Fbx Export: The simplify value is now set to 0.05 by default, to avoid rotation issues of IK chains.
Fbx Export: Some single limbs could prevent export to work
Fbx Export: "Fix Fbx Bones Rotation" could lead to issues
Fbx Export: Renaming for UE and exporting the tail could lead to wrong parenting
Fbx Export: Exporting only the armature now adds a dummy mesh for correct export
Fbx Export: Multiple ears bones are now exported as Humanoid
Rig: The ear bones could not be disabled
Remap: Cancelling the Redefine Rest Pose could not work as expected, fixed the copy bones orientations feature
Remap: Improved Auto-Scale feature
- Auto Rig Pro Release!
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share