If you're a new or nervous WordPress blogger, this guide takes you through the process of creating a blog post from beginning to end, with tips to help you get better results more quickly.
It's a digest of what I've learned through making blog posts in WordPress, and the processes I've arrived at. The aim is to give you the info you need - but not too much. So you can jump past the head-scratching about how you do it, and get on with doing it!
- Gathering ideas - the main types of post and how they're different
- Finding your way on the WordPress post page
- Doing the writing - developing your skills and managing the process
- Packaging it up - images, and preparation for sharing in a way that looks good and gets attention (this section on its own can save you a lot of trial and error)
- Sharing your post - email list, search engines, social media.
What you get
This guide packs a fair bit of info into the page count, but it's easy to read and the tone is friendly. It's a pdf, laid out for easy reading on portable devices.
- How to write a blog post (22-page pdf)
- Bonus - Introduction to WordPress, in case you're not familiar with the fundamentals of WP (5 pages)
- This guide assumes you already have a WordPress site ready to use. Some of the content would be relevant for other blogging platforms, but the product is quite WP-specific.