Bass Clef Duets Book 1 is the first of a series of books for two double basses. Edited and arranged by David Heyes, the duets are useful as sight-reading music for the teacher and student, as fun pieces to play with friends, or as accessible and inventive repertoire to play in recital. Each piece has been carefully selected and edited with all three aims in mind and Book 1 brings together ten composers from the 16th to the 20th-century.
1. Thomas Morley (1557-1602) - Canzonet.
2. František Černý (1861-1940)
3. W.A. Mozart (1756-1791) - Menuetto & Trio is adapted from '12 Duette' for 2 basset horns.
4. Francesco Durante (1684-1755) - Duet in F major was arranged by Otto Langey (1851-1922) and included in his Practical Method for Double Bass.
5. Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767) - Canonic Sonata in D minor is the second of 18 sonatas for two equal instruments, originally flutes or violins, first published in 1738. .
6. Orlando di Lassus (1532-1594) - Oculus Non Vidit was composed in 1577 and is the third of 12 two-part motets for two voices.
7. Adolphus Charles White (1830-1902) - Duet in G major is an original work for double bass duet and was included in White's 'Appendix to the Double Bass.'
8. Giovanni Punto (1746-1803) - Duet No.7 in C major was originally for two French horns and is from a suite of 8 Horn Duos.
9. Victor Frédéric Verrimst (1825-1893) - Canon in Unison is originally for 2 double basses and was included in Verrimst's Méthode de Contre-Basse, dating from 1865.
10. Béla Bartók (1881-1945) - Teasing Song No. 2 is originally for 2 violins and is from 44 Duos composed in 1931.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.