This is a modeling tool for Blender 2.79 and 2.80+ that lets you use curves to deform your mesh, allowing you to make beautiful shapes.
It's useful for blocking and polishing forms of organic and hardsurface meshes.
- Projection selection mode
- Sequence selection mode
- Curve grab mode
- Editing a plane
- Editing a cube
- Demonstration video by Luis Cherubini (@luischerub)
How to install
On Blender, go to Edit > Preferences > Add-ons, then press the Install button. Select the ZIP file that you downloaded from Gumroad to install it (choose the appropriate version for your Blender).
After installed, tick the add-on checkbox to enable it, and save your user preferences.
How to use
It's very simple: you select two or more vertices where you want the control points of the curve to be, then activate this tool.
A curve will appear and you can grab / rotate / scale its control points. When you do that, the mesh will follow along.
When you're done, hit Enter to confirm or Esc to cancel it.
- You can also use this tool by selecting a sequence of connected vertices. Just make sure your selection doesn't loop.
- You can also start this tool without selecting any vertices, leading you to the "projection" mode where you can click to set where the control points of the curve should appear (example).
There are some default keys that you can use while the tool is on (you can see / change all of them in the add-on preferences):
- (Q) Use Extremes: toggles the deformations caused by the start and end control points of the curve. This is best used when either of the ends of the curve starts from a sharp turn of your mesh.
- (E) Use Direction: toggles the use of the curve orientation (tangent) to deform the mesh, in addition to using its position.
- (PageUp / PageDown / W) Falloff settings: lets you change how the curve affects nearby vertices, much like Blender's Proportional Edit mode (aka "soft selection").
- Initial support for 2.90 beta (note that breaking changes may happen on new updates).
- Fixed the value range of the custom curve color in the add-on preference.
- Fixed a bug on 2.80+ where you could click outside the UI region and cause the tool to end prematurely.
- (2.79 only) Fix for an API change between the latest release 2.79b and the last 2.79 nightly build.
- Added the 'Aligned' startup action, for creating a simple straight segment from two endpoints.
- Added an experimental "straight" picking option for the projection mode: start the tool with nothing selected to get the projection mode, then hold E and see the cursor change to yellow. Any picks done this way will just make segments with the two end points, with no points inbetween.
- Refactored code to be able to remove the Numpy dependency (improves Blender startup time on HDD storage).
- Fix for when you open a new scene file while the tool is still on.
- Added a warning when you try to edit a mesh with a shapekey set to zero strength (so no changes will be visible until you apply the tool).
(. . .)
- Initial release.
You can reach me at:
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.