This printable PDF guide is published specifically for backpackers and features more detailed reviews of more hostels than any other travel guide plus budget-oriented information about local transport, sightseeing and eating cheaply.
- honest reviews of 15 hostels in Los Angeles
- 12 full-colour maps
- 21 A4 pages packed with over 15,000 words, which is equivalent to around 60 pages in a conventional guidebook
- more up-to-date than printed guidebooks
- honest independent travel advice (our authors pay their own way and never accept offers of free or discounted accommodation)
- free updates (we will email you a link to download the latest version of this guide every time it is updated)
- only $3. That’s cheaper than a coffee at Starbucks.
BUG travel guides are just for backpackers
BUG travel guides are published just for backpackers – that’s young independent travellers who travel with their gear in a backpack and stay in hostels.
Unlike other guides, BUG doesn’t weigh you down with listings of fancy restaurants and flash hotels that you can’t afford. Instead BUG guides have practical information on the things you want to see and do. Rather than tell you about expensive tours, BUG will tell you how to get around on public transport and about cheap iconic eateries such as a classic hot dog stand rather than overpriced stuffy restaurants and the only accommodation establishments in BUG guides are backpackers’ hostels and youth hostels.
Because BUG only has hostels in their guides, they have more detailed reviews of more hostels than any other guide. In most cases BUG will review virtually every hostel that was open when the guide was researched.
What if I’m not a backpacker; are BUG guides still for me?
If you’re not staying in hostels, but have already booked your accommodation, then BUG guides are still a great travel companion.
Accommodation is listed at the back of each PDF guide so you only need to print the first half of each guide to benefit from all BUG’s up-to-date information about transport, sightseeing and eating and drinking on a budget as well as BUG’s detailed maps.
This is a downloadable travel guide in PDF format. You can download this guide instantly and print it at home.
Published: 18 January 2015
12 colour maps