Learn to make amazing product videos.
In this course, I'll teach you how to create stunning, smart, and effective videos from concept to completion. This isn’t just a course on how to use ScreenFlow. This course will teach you how to approach making videos for your company holistically—so that your videos not only get watched, but actually have an impact.
Who's this for?
Simply put—Anyone who works on an app (mobile, desktop, web, etc.,) that needs to make videos worthy of their product & customers.
Who's this not for?
While a lot of the ideas in this course will help make other great videos, too—This is not for people looking to make videos using real cameras. I'm teaching screencasts-on-steroids here.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to make great product videos! (duh)
- How to write scripts for product videos (very different than just “scripts")
- How to ensure you’re making the right video
- How to use ScreenFlow to record, edit and publish amazing video
- How to record your own professional quality voiceovers
- A new set of skills to take with you anywhere, as video becomes more and more important to businesses everywhere
Lessons (~2hrs total runtime):
- 01: Getting started (concepting)
- 02: Video length and focus
- 03: Scripting
- 04: Affordable audio setups
- 05: Voiceover tips
- 06: Course project kickoff
- 07: Recording voiceovers in Adobe Audition
- 08: Recording voiceovers in Garageband
- 09: Computer setup (or, accident proofing)
- 10: Editing foundations
- 11: Project walkthrough part one
- 12: Project walkthrough part two
- 13: Project walkthrough part three
- 14: Bonus tutorial: Depth of field in ScreenFlow
- 15: Bonus tutorial: Calling attention in ScreenFlow
- 16: Exporting your video
- Recommended resources, websites, and products
- Sample files to pick apart on your own
- Course project script
- A marketing script formula
- A support script formula
- Project kickoff template
- Product video workflow outline
Here’s what you’ll need
(outside of the course):
- A copy of ScreenFlow (30 day free trial here: http://www.telestream.net/controls/screenflow/download-screenflow.htm)
- A Mac
- Garageband or Adobe Audition
Who am I?
I’m Andy, and I make all the videos for one of the startup world’s favorite companies—InVision. Over the past couple years I’ve been neck deep in learning what makes for great, effective product videos—by making a lot of them, and watching the data.
I’m so excited to share what I’ve learned that makes my videos reach and average 40% conversion rate (when capturing emails) and an 80% completion rate (which means the amount of people watching all the way to the end.)
I’ve been a designer for the past 10 years, working in everything from global agencies, small businesses, startups, and even a fancy piñata shop. (okay, that last one is my wife’s business, but it still counts.) It turns out that along with design, I love making product videos. The ability to create powerful video content without even turning on a camera is one of the most valuable and intoxicating skills I’ve gained in recent years.
Uhh… What’s a product video?
Right. Good question. A product video is a screencast-based video involving your product that is thoughtfully conceived, produced, and edited in a way that makes it much more than “just a screencast”. They’re relevant, professional, and polished. By the time you’re done with this course you’ll have people asking you “who do you hire to make your videos? They're great!”
It’s a good feeling, trust me. :)
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks so much for your support—Enjoy the course! If you have any questions, shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org