The downloadable zip contains a shader extension allowing for foliage shading and animation for Toolbag 3 materials.
- Animation using vertex displacement based on Crytek procedural animation. Vertex color provides information to the Detail Bending settings in the material.
- Red channel is used for stiffness of the leaves' edges.
- Green is used for per-leaf variation.
- Blue is overall stiffness of the plant.
- Documentation is available here.
- Custom lighting for foliage materials, using a physically based half-lambert diffuse shading model with variable light wrap and shadow opacity.
A sample scene with vertex painted meshes is provided. (Textures not included with the download).
- Download "foliage_tb3.zip" from Gumroad
- Unzip file to your "C:\Program Files\Marmoset\Toolbag 3\data\shader\mat\custom" folder
- Launch Toolbag 3
- Select a shader and scroll to the bottom section of the material attributes tab.
- Click the triangle on the right and select "Custom"
- Click the triangle next to "Shader" and select "foliage_shading.frag"