While Canon does offer official LUTS for C-log footage from their cinema line of cameras, those LUTS don't work well with C-log footage from the EOS R and 5D Mark IV. Skin tones look off, and vibrant colors can quickly turn toxic.
That's why I decided to create a LUT package specifically for C-log footage from the EOS R and 5D Mark IV. They convert the C-log footage to rec709 without altering the colors, and can be used for quick turnaround, or as a starting point for further grading.
5 C-log to Rec709 LUTs, in .cube format:
- C-Log to rec709 > works for most shots
- C-Log to rec709 Contrast > a punchier LUT while preserving highlights
- C-Log to rec709 Wide DR > a flatter LUT, great if you want to grade the footage further or add another LUT
- C-Log to rec709 Warm > a slightly warmer LUT
- C-log to Rec709 Natural > Slightly more subtle than the standard LUT, for a more natural look. Also compensates for the gamma-shift that can occur when transcoding footage on some platforms.
The LUT pack also comes with a short guide on how to use these LUTs in different situations.
The C-log to Rec709 LUTs are compatible with the following cameras:
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS R6
- Canon 5D Mark IV
- Canon 1DX Mark III
On your camera, set the color matrix to 'EOS Original'
"I downloaded your c-log to rec.709 LUT pack for my Canon R5 and holy crap it's a perfectly corrected monitor image. All four of them look gorgeous. I previously downloaded LUTs from a diff site and they looked like trash, thanks for restoring my faith in LUT packs"
"I really like the look I am getting from the EOS R with your LUTs - thank you! I wish there was a similar LUT for the C300"
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for your purchase and don't forget to leave your rating on the download page, it really helps me out! Follow Filmkit on Twitter for the latest camera gear news: https://twitter.com/filmkitnet
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.