Fashion executives who see can see only decay and crave darkness. A Depression-era farmer choosing between a failing farm and a failing wife. A wife searching for her husband, disappeared on their honeymoon. A photographer sees something he shouldn’t have through his camera.
You’ll meet these characters and more in Last Caress and Other Uncanny Encounters, a book that will leave you feeling the world’s cold, inhuman grasp on your long after you close its pages.
Includes 22 pages of bonus material not available anywhere else, including author commentary on every story, script excerpts, character designs, sketches, and pencils.
“Split Lip is the best horror anthology on the Internet.”
— Comics Should Be Good
“Costello emerges as a keen student of horror, one who understands the nagging thoughts that keep us awake at night, as well as a sharp-eyed curator of artistic talent.”
— Gamma Squad
All stories written by Sam Costello
Featuring the stories
- Last Caress, art by Douglas Draper, Jr.
- Look Carefully, art by Sami Makkonen (Deadworld, IDW)
- Long Live the King, art by Gary Crutchley (Western Noir, Accent UK)
- Fish Drink, art by Iain Laurie (And Then Emily Was Gone, Comix Tribe)
- The Consequences of a Little Alone Time, art by Diego Candia
- Straw Gods, art by T.J. Kirsch (Lost and Found, Oni Press)
- Se Perdre, art by John Bivens (Dark Engine, Image)
Cover art by Shane Oakley (Zombie Tales, Cthulhu Tales, Boom)
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share