Learn how to create character sprites for games with a cartoon or cel shaded art style!
In this short course, I will show you some special tricks I found to create cartoon characters fast. We will look at the specifics of making cell shaded sprites for games, but everything you will learn applies to illustration.
What will I learn?
- How to achieve the cartoon or anime style shading
- How to design a character based on an existing art direction
- Lighting and shading for game sprites
You'll get 14 tutorials and a full commented art timelapse.
All that using Krita, the free and open source digital painting program. The course focuses on static sprites, it doesn't cover character animation.
- The pace might be a bit fast for absolute beginners. If you are new to game art, please check the Make Professional Painterly Game Art with Krita workshop first
- If you have never used Krita before, check out my free 6 hours long Krita tutorial series
Krita is a free and open source program, and it works on all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). Click here to download it
No strings attached
You don’t like the course? You get a 30 days money back guarantee. Just drop me a message: no questions asked.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.