Many people who work in Hollywood are unaware that the the State of California and the IRS require producers to pay all actors and crew on their sets as employees even if they are only working for a single day. These laws require producers to provide workers compensation insurance, get signatures on tax forms, and pay payroll taxes on time. The risks and liabilities associated with not obeying these rules is very high, and really it doesn't cost much to obey them.
The information in this video will be important to you whether you are a producer, cast, or crew because it explains how to meet these obligations cost effectively and why it's worth the bother for all involved.
You will learn:
- How to sign up as a Producer with a full service Employer of Record
- How Much it Costs to Employ People using the service
- How Producers hire cast and crew through the platform
- How Cast and/or Crew sign up
- How to send offers to Cast and Crew
- How to Get Tax Forms and Releases Signed
- How to Approve Time Sheets
- How Cast & Crew Can Track Payments Approved and Payments Made
Note: This includes a demo of Castifi which I use to employ people on my projects. There are certainly competing solutions that work well. Seeing this solution will help you understand them all. I get no kickback or payment from Castifi, I just use their service and like it.
You will also receive:
- Video: An Introduction to Intellectual Property Fundamentals which covers things creative pros need to know about protecting their ideas, work, and future earnings.
- Video: Contract Law Fundamentals with Attorney Justin Sterling which will help you understand how to avoid making enforceable contracts by accident and how to make deals you can enforce.
- Video: Enforcing Back End Deals using Collection Management Accounts which is useful if people frequently promise to pay you a share of profits from projects you work on.
If you have questions about these resources, please email email@example.com. You can find more resources at entertainmentindustryevents.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After you place your order, open your email and find the receipt. Click View Product to get access to all the videos. Bookmark the page so you can find them later.
“ Awesome ”
— Raffaele Marraffa on Oct 16, 2017.
“ Awesome, met lots of good people! ”
— Alexander K on Aug 20, 2016.
“ Excellent and accessible. ”
— Maccana on Apr 8, 2016.
“ Thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos on Jun 13, 2015.
“ Always great topics, information and speakers. ”
— Lee Forgang on Dec 5, 2017.
“ it's a great place to start, love the group ”
— tyson v on Sep 10, 2017.
“ Worthwhile venues, quality people. Nancy Fulton puts a lot of energy into each event. ”
— Lauren Bell on Jul 31, 2017.
“ Fantastic group! ”
— Elena on May 6, 2017.
“ I had a good time ”
— james on Nov 22, 2016.
“ This is the best Meetup! Nancy does an excellent job each time we have an event! ”
— Ericka on Mar 3, 2016.
“ More ditto!!! ”
— Takara Kane on Feb 7, 2016.
“ We have the most interesting and action filled fact and method meetings! ”
— Constance Golden on Sep 19, 2015.
“ It's like what I tell the waiter when he asks how my meal was. I just show him my clean plate. I left with a clean plate today. I'll be back. ”
— Saul Isler on Sep 5, 2015.
“ Really great! Nancy did a great job! ”
— Redd Kaiman on Apr 16, 2015.
“ It is a super group!!! ”
— Dennis Deppisch on Apr 16, 2015.
“ This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you. ”
— Naz Dardashti on Feb 24, 2015.
“ It seemed like a group of dedicated and serious writers. I look forward to attending more Meetups. ”
— Janet Leary on Feb 8, 2015.
“ Great group. Stimulating topics, lots of talent. ”
— Gloria Jaroff on Jan 27, 2015.
“ This group is great. Thank you Nancy for sharing your expertise with us. ”
— Julie Couture on Nov 13, 2013.
“ Really informative and funny and interesting. Thank you for a great evening. ”
— Julie Valentine on Oct 30, 2013.
“ Great--hope to see everybody again soon. ”
— Jan Stinchcomb on Oct 30, 2013.
“ Nancy has an incredible amount of knowledge and generously shares every bit of it...and her written notes after every meetup. Excellent! ”
— June Stoddard on Oct 29, 2013.