Pre-order at $29 instead of $39 (gum.co/cdrft/pre): Receive the book in PDF, Kindle, ePub. Get your money back any time.
This book is a compilation of what you don’t know but should know about needed skills as a programmer.
I worked as a programmer for several years and now I run a tech recruitment consultancy (coderfit.com). Most programmers invest a lot of time in coding and related activities (learn the newest framework etc.) but neglect most other aspects of their career (e.g., regular salary negotiations).
I cover career growth, being interviewed, interviewing, job search, candidate search, salary negotiation and the "hard" fundamentals of our craft. You will learn:
- How programming as a profession evolved from a low prestige field to a high prestige field.
- What a Turing machine is and why it is important for your career.
- How backend engineering evolved and on what to focus in your career as a backend developer.
- How frontend engineering and frameworks evolved and what is important to know nowadays, the new frameworks (Angular, React, Vue) but also the fundamentals.
- DevOps: How to not be just an overpaid sysadmin.
- Why "machine learning" and "data science" are overhyped and why you should focus on clean code and craft(wo)manship instead.
- The most tricky interview questions and how to master them.
- How to regularly ask your boss to give you a raise without appearing greedy.
- How to become a unique talent inside your organisation: How to do good things and talk about it.
- Are you an aggressive or an helpful type? Are you an over-performer, under-performer or silent performer? Either way, find out how to use it to your advantage.
- How you can make the most out of your career using the "barbell strategy". Learn how to balance your safe bets (day job) vs side projects (risky ones).
- How to be constantly job-hunting? Don't invest more than half an hour a week and stay visible to the market.
- How to talk to recruiters without wasting your time and help them to help you.
- Salary negotiation tips: How to make $10.000 in two minutes. The shit sandwich tactic for salary negotiation.
- Typical salary progression and career paths. How does salary grow over the years? (How come that two developers, 20 years of experience apart, both make the same salary?)
- New: How to handle your career in an economic crisis.
Ways *out* of employment:
- Is freelancing for you? Find small projects using sourcing in your network.
- Are side businesses for you? (Sales, recruitment, writing, building a SaaS).
- Is writing for you? How you can turn your niche into your biggest asset.
- How to make more money outside your day job: Which other options exist?
How to hire better developers faster:
- Your company is not Google and what this means for you.
- How to recruit via (personal) networks, hiring platforms, inbound, outbound strategy, how to work with recruiters and how to retain employees and colleagues.
Pre-order at $29 instead of $39 (gum.co/cdrft/pre): Receive the book in PDF, Kindle, or ePub. Get your money back any time.
Download for free: "5 salary negotiation hacks that can save you $10.000 in two minutes": https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HpCRLsoTXqM9yI3NOkrD----ayrX8zT-/view
With preordering you become recipient of the "Coderfit career bits weekly newsletter" for free!
Questions? Say hi:
- Email: email@example.com
- Free weekly newsletter on tech, coding and careers: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/coderfit