This video highlights the inaugrual Classic Fighters Marlborough airshow held at Omaka Aerodrome in Blenheim, New Zealand at Easter 2001.
Having run several very successful warbird 'fly-in's in previous years (1997 and 1999), the crew at Omaka decided that the next logical step was to create and run a full-blown airshow. The result, seen here on this video, was an airshow that stunned visitors with it's range of aircraft not seen before, and the impressive ground theatre reenactments, which had not been previously seen in New Zealand.
A bonus 15 minute segment entitled 'Flight Of The Bristol', which was not on the original VHS release of the video is included — this is the entire World War One 'Ground Theatre' scenario, viewed from the on-board cameras of the Bristol Fighter F2.b.
The following is the original trailer video:
The full two hour video contains the following segments:
- Sopwith Camel (air-to-air footage)
- P-51 Mustang solo
- Nanchang CJ-6 and Yak 52 pylon air race
- Vintage aircraft including Ryan STM, Ryan PT22, de Havilland Dragon Rapide, de Havilland Chipmunk, Cessna L-19 BirdDog, de Havilland Tiger Moth
- Beech 17 Staggerwing and de Havilland Devon
- Yak-52 aerobatics ("Yakrobats")
- WW1 Theatre with Sopwith Camel, Fokker Triplane, Bristol Fighter F2b (includes some air-to-air footage)
- WW2 European Theatre with Spitfire Mk XVI, Hawker Hurricane IIa, P-51 Mustang, Messerschmitt Me-108 and Harvards
- Spitfire and Hurricane solo
- T-6 Harvard aerobatics ("Roaring Forties")
- Consolidated PBY-5a Catalina flying boat
- Cessna A37 Dragonfly
- CT-4 AirTrainer aerobatics ("Red Checkers")
- McDonnell Douglas A4 Skyhawk
- de Havilland DH-115 Vampire
- Fouga CM.170 Magister
- CA-19 Boomerang solo
- Curtis P-40 Kittyhawk solo
- WW2 Pacific Theatre with Spitfire, Boomerang and Kittyhawk
- Nanchang CJ-6 air-to-air
Please note that this streaming video product does NOT contain the dual-audio (no narration) feature that our DVD products contain.