While Choquequirao closely resembles Machu Picchu with terraces, temples, plazas, and aqueducts, there is one very noticeable difference between the two: Machu Picchu gets around 3,300 visitors per day, while Choquequirao sees an average of only 20.
"The Choquequirao Trek - A Guide to Hiking the Other Inca Trail" is the first edition Travel Outlandish Guide created by the South America experts at Travel Outlandish. Discover what makes the Choquequirao Trek a good Inca Trail alternative when you experience this less-traveled trek in Peru for yourself.
Inside this guidebook for the Choquequirao Trek, you'll find:
- Detailed topographical trail maps created by a professional cartographer
- Color photos of the Choquequirao trek and ruins
- Introduction to the history and culture of Choquequirao
- Explanation of why the Choquequirao Trek is the best Inca Trail alternative
- 3 researched trekking routes including distances and elevation change
- Detailed instructions on the Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu
- Overview of campsites and accommodations
- Instructions on how to get to and from Cachora
- Recommended tour operators and gear rental shops in Cusco
About Travel Outlandish: Created in 2014, Travel Outlandish is a blog about alternative destinations and adventure travel. It is for people who want to travel experiences beyond big bus tours and luxury hotel stays. Travel Outlandish Guides are designed with the same independent traveler in mind. Inside our guidebooks, you’ll find everything you need to plan your own adventure including detailed route information, original maps, and photos. We catalog the details of the world’s less-traveled hiking trails so all you have to do is go.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.