19 Christmas carols - some classic, some still old but less overplayed - with melody and harmony parts given in standard notation and tablature.
Includes harmony parts and guitar/accompanist chords, so you can easily put together pretty arrangements with other musicians, if you want to.
(Or just play the melody parts by yourself; it will still sound great.)
Playing Christmas music does have its uses.
I don't have to tell you what they are, if you're the kind of person who can't get enough of Christmas music this time of year. Ditto if your family/friends are bugging you to bring your fiddle to a Christmas-oriented gathering.
But there are also other reasons to learn some Christmas tunes even if you're personally not in love with them:
- Boost your confidence by learning some tunes super quickly. You've probably known a lot of Christmas tunes backwards and forwards since before you could talk. So at least half the work of learning them is already done. All you have to do to play them is find the notes on your fiddle.
- Connect with other musicians by learning tunes that are relatively easy to play together. If you're new to playing with other musicians, you're probably finding it a lot harder than you expected. How is it possible, you may wonder, for the music to sound so bad when everyone's ostensibly looking at the same music? Christmas tunes are way easier to troubleshoot than most others, because everyone already knows what they should sound like. If you get off timing-wise or play a wrong note, it's much easier to quickly notice what went wrong and correct the problem.
- Make your elders happy. Christmas music is a way that you can connect with many older folks--even strangers. I and a lot of people I know have had fantastic experiences volunteering or accepting a small fee to perform short holiday concerts in assisted living facilities. You don't have to be a master musician to be able to do this successfully, you just have to be caring and openhearted.
- We Three Kings
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- The Cherry Tree Carol
- Friendly Beasts
- The First Noel
- What Child Is This?
- Carol of the Bells
- Deck the Halls
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- Jingle Bells
- God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
- The Coventry Carol
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Silent Night
- Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Nu är det jul igen
- O Holy Night
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.