"In 1956, a US Navy R4D Skytrain transport plane named “Que Sera Sera” touched down at the South Pole as part of an international scientific study. It was the first aircraft to land at the pole, and the first people to visit there in 44 years." - https://lflank.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/icons-of-aviation-the-que-sera-sera/
"THE LUCKY SEVEN, first Americans to ever set foot on the South Pole to plant the Stars and Stripes beside the cross of Norway and the Union Jack. Left to right, John P. Strider, AD2, crew chief; RADM George J. Dufek. C.O. Task Force 43; LCDR Conrad (Gus) Shinn, pilot; Lieutenant John R. Swadener, navigator; William A. Cumbie, Jr., AT2, radioman; Captain William Hawkes, copilot; and Captain Douglas Cordinor, observer; an all-Navy team for the occasion." -http://www.southpolestation.com/trivia/igy1/que.html
"The Que Sera Sera was given to the Smithsonian Institution and was restored in 1966. Today, she is on loan to the National Naval Aviation History Museum in Pensacola FL, where she is on display." - https://lflank.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/icons-of-aviation-the-que-sera-sera/
Learn more about this very historic aircraft and the people that cared (and continue to care) for her at:
* This package is applicable to the VSkyLabs DC-3 add-on models --currently version 002.5a for X-Plane 10 and version 002.7b1 for X-Plane 11.
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, tailored to the targeted version of X-Plane.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are also provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation included.
* Original ski textures are now also included.
* X-Plane version 10 and/or 11
* VSkyLab's DC-3, available from
* Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
* Optionally (to activate night-time textures), a text editing program
Instructions for installing the liveries and activating the night textures are provided in the included "_read me first" text file.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with or endorsed by VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package are not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer of this package.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Support requests should be sent by PM or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.