In the over 20 years I've been painting digitally, I find that Clip Studio Paint (Manga Studio) is one of the few packages that combines the stability and flexibility of Photoshop with the natural brush media engines of applications like Painter and Sketchbook Pro.
Clip Studio Paint is highly customizable, which can be overwhelming. So, I've assembled a short of list of tools and features that will not only help new users focus on the basic setups you'll need to get started, but will also help experienced Photoshop artists find their way to familiar workflows.
In this 30 minute tutorial, I'll walk you through the basics of:
• Pencil tools
• Inking tools
• Painting tools
• Changing brush size
• UI color
• Mapping opacity
• Set tool shortcuts
• Flip canvas
• Paint with transparency
• Quick temporary tool access
• Consistent straight lines
• Adjusting brush settings
• Adjusting brush texture
• Creating custom brush shapes
• Importing brushes
• Layer color
• Selection layer
• Convert brightness to opacity
• Multiple layer transform
...so you can get started painting right away! I hope you enjoy Clip Studio Paint as much as I do.
- Full length video with chapter markers for easy access to various sections
- Layered Clip Studio file of the dino linework for you to play around with
- The Concept brush featured in the video
I'll be posting more tutorials and process videos here soon, so make sure to follow my Gumroad and tumblr feeds to stay up to date!
See more tutorials: gumroad.com/reubenlara