Sketching characters is such a fun and enjoyable creative activity, but adding the element of color into the mix takes it to a whole new level!
Using the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil, I’ll share my process for sketching characters and show you how to cleanly apply base colors.
Then we’ll walk through different ways you can easily manipulate those base colors into endless combinations- creating gorgeous, harmonious color palettes.
After that, we’ll talk about the 5 lighting scenarios that work great for character illustrations and how you can refine your painting with background elements and textures.
With the skills gained from this class, you’ll be able to create colorful character designs for freelance work or simply for your personal enjoyment.
What You'll Learn:
- The process I use to sketch characters in Procreate
- How to cleanly apply base colors to your sketches
- Four methods for creating beautiful color palettes
- Five lighting scenarios that work great for characters and how to paint them
- How to add design elements and textures to your compositions
- How to save your work to share on the internet
*Files referred to in class can be found in the PDF included in your download
- 20 Class Videos
- Procreate brush set
- 500 Doll reference photos
- Lighting photo & video references
- Paper textures
- Line art files (if you just wish to color)
This exact class is also hosted by Skillshare, a monthly subscription service. All videos are accessible there every month you pay. You can upload projects to Skillshare.
However, if you are interested in having the videos for your personal library for lifetime access, they can be downloaded here from Gumroad!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.