The Color Mentorship for The Laws of Color Vol. 1 is a fully interactive, virtual classroom experience. Mentorship students will get a detailed, personalized homework review along with additional feedback and guidance from the instructor, Chris Legaspi. Students will also have the option for both email or video conference.
Benefits of the Mentorship:
- FULL access to ALL of the course materials in the Ultra Premium Bundle (Vol. 1)
- personalized critique and review of your homework
- personalized follow-up assignment and career consultation
- access to the private mentorship blog
- priority email access to the instructor
- option for video conference (weekly scheduled, via skype or google chat)
Mentorship students will have full access to ALL of the course materials, including both versions of the course (16 HD videos), the deluxe 40 page painter's guidebook, 2 bonus painting lessons and more (scroll down to see full course description)!
How it Works:
1. Watch and review the course (either traditional or digital painting) at your own pace.
2. Follow along with the course and complete at least one of the recommended homework painting exercises.
3. Upload your finished homework to the private mentorship blog for review.
4. Once the work is on the blog, the instructor will personally review your work.
5. On the following Friday*, student will receive detailed critique and feedback on their homework.
*5.1 On Fridays, mentorship students can also attend a live, 1 hour Q&A session with the instructor, ask questions and get feedback on their work.
*5.2 Q&A sessions will be held online and available worldwide.
*5.3 Students can choose between 2 meeting times for their convenience, 11 am or 7 pm (times are Pacific Time Zone, California, USA).
6. After the homework is reviewed, the instructor will give you a follow up assignment and suggestions on improving your work and achieving your career and/or artistic goals.
That's it! You get the ultimate video course on color and a personal mentor to guide your through the first step of your journey into color. If you have further questions, please contact Chris at email@example.com. To learn more about Chris and see his artwork, visit: www.drawwithchris.com/portfolio.
If you're ready to get started click the blue "I want this!" button above. Scroll down to read the full description of the course materials.
The Laws of color Vol. 1 is the ultimate color course that will take the fear, guesswork and mystery out of painting in color. If you’ve been struggling with color or are intimated by color, then this is the perfect course for you.
In this course, students will learn about the First Law of Color. Understanding this simple, yet powerful law will give students the knowledge to paint in bold colors with confidence. Along with the information packed lectures, the full length painting demo will guide students step by step through the painting process and how to apply The First Law of Color to a portrait painting or any subject.
- color theory
- properties of color
- color & value observation
- color mixing in oil paint
- color mixing in Photoshop
- oil painting techniques
- digital painting techniques
#1 Laws of Color Vol. 1 (oil painting) Full Version
- Introduction: Properties of Color (6:25)
- Chapter 1: Lecture - What is the First Law of Color? (12:55)
- Chapter 2: How to Mix a Palette (10:08)
- Chapter 3: Painting Demo Part 1 (9:31)
- Chapter 4: Painting Demo Part 2 (13:47)
- Chapter 5: Summary and Review (8:13)
#2 Laws of Color Vol. 1, Photoshop Edition, Full Version
- Chapter 2: Color Mixing in Photoshop Part 1 (27:16)
- Chapter 3: Color Mixing in Photoshop Part 2 (15:58)
- Chapter 4: Drawing and Blocking in Shapes (10:47)
- Chapter 5: Blocking in Values & Colors (14:45)
- Chapter 6: Rendering Part 1 (10:39)
- Chapter 7: Rendering Part 2 (8:21)
- Chapter 8: Add Colors (8:50)
- Chapter 9: Texture (10:39)
- Chapter 10: Finishing Touches (9:56)
- Chapter 11: Summary, Review & Conclusion (18:10)
Ultra Premium exclusives:
#3 Blue monochrome painting demo (15:29)
#4.1 Green monochrome Photoshop painting demo part 1 (21:29)
#4.2 Green monochrome Photoshop painting demo (32:52)
#5 Painters Guidebook (40 pages total)
- includes detailed step-by-step process breakdown for both traditional and digital painting
- color temperature shift reference guide
- detailed homework guide with examples
- oil painting materials list
#6 All Photoshop bonus files including:
- Photoshop brushes (.abr)
- canvas texture
#7 Reference images for homework and practice
Reviews and Praise for The Laws of Color Vol. 1:“Honestly, some of the most practical advice on color I've seen! Plus your painting process is always mesmerizing and your teaching style is extremely approachable. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, it looks like you put a lot of effort into this.”
-Ruben R., Illustrator and former student
“IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!! bought the ultra package and learn tons about painting with traditional media and photoshop, I feel enlightened (painting wise anyway lol) a great package for a super low price, a must have building block, looking forward to volume two!”
-Anton F., Artist
“Got it the first day it came out and loving it. Already feels like it's such a large leap from were I was to how I'm beginning too catch on to color and mixing. Thank you very much.”
-Jose M., Artist and student
If you're ready to get started click the blue "I Want This!" button above.
Self-Study Premium Bundle
If you prefer to work on your own, the Ultra Premium Bundle can be purchased separately. Students can have the option to upgrade to a mentorship at any time. To get your copy of the Premium bundle, click this link below:
To learn more about Chris or to see more artwork, visit:
Comments and questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share