With the new Procreate Layer Group feature, you can now easily do comic strips as well as page and panel layouts on your iPad. For my personal and professional work, I created some layout templates for comics, cartoons, manga, and graphic novels.
FREE COMIC TEMPLATES
You can download them for free (just enter $0) or make a small donation to support my work.
The layered Procreate file (4947 x 3249 px) is great for:
- Comic PAGES (e.g. graphic novels) use blue grid and portrait orientation
- Comic STRIPS (e.g. newspaper strips) use red grid and landscape orientation
Both layouts can be used with the GOLDEN RATIO template I included on a separate layer. It's extremely useful to create harmonic page layouts and pleasing compositions!
- For drawing clean, straight panel borders I recommend using the QuickLine or Streamline (stroke correction) features (see Procreate Handbook).
- Keep your panels in separate folders. Use subfolders for text and speech bubbles. This allows you to easily drag around and rearrange your panel layout.
- If you use the PNG files set the layers to "multiply" and put them on top of your artwork.
FREE UPDATE[01.18.2017] Added a PhotoShop version (PSD) and 3 separate PNG files!
If you like the templates, check out my custom brushes for comics and cartoons: gumroad.com/georgvw
I hope you’ll find the templates useful and wish you lots of fun with them!
Happy Drawing :)
Visit my website www.cimoc.de/brushes to learn more about my brush sets, check out sample images, watch demo videos and read customer reviews.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.