Once upon a time, there was a tiny plush fox, round and fluffy, like a ball of cotton. This wee beast was stylish and faceted, a tiny jewel in a sea of robots and e-people. It was free for all and meant to have something for everyone.
But no avatar can be everything. That's why I've released CottonFox Source, a unity package with the blend file, starter skins and accessories.
I put a lot of heart into this avatar, and now I'd like to see what other people might do with it. Longer ears? Sure. Master Chief reskin, why not? How about an extra tail or two. The possibilities are endless and the source files are available to make your foxy ideas into reality.
This avatar requires Blender 2.9+ and Unity 2018.4.20f1.
If you don't have Blender installed, the prefab (.blend file) may not load. To fix this, install blender, open the .blend file and hit save. This should force unity to reload the file.
NOTICE: This is NOT the same as the public avatar.
It is a base model with a few starter skins and accessories -- made to be customized by you. Please keep this in mind when considering a purchase.
This avatar has puppet rigging, constraints, shader and animation tricks. It might not be friendly for those who are new to unity or blender.
- Works in VRChat
- Swappable skins
- Adjustable hue, saturation and brightness.
- Dynamic ears, tail and wings
- NOTE: Dynamic Bone is not included in the package and must be purchased separately.
- Flight toggle
- Mouth visemes
- Size control
- Customize the model, textures, animations, etc.
- Add skins, colors and accessories.
- Be kind.
- Resell or redistribute.
- Remove or alter the author info inside the body.
Support & Requests
You can contact me via discord:I'll do my best to help troubleshoot issues and offer advice. If you aren't well versed with unity or blender, but still want a custom CottonFox, consider commissioning me instead of buying this package.
UPDATED March 13th, 2021
- Updated to VRCSDK3-AVATAR-2021.03.09.13.58_Public which, in addition to other improvements, now allows users to set which parameters are saved.
- Added Utility submenu with FB Assist and Self View.
- Improved blend tree and animations for Glow layer.
- Improved base fox skin. (but you're gonna replace that anyway, right?)
- Set the fly parameter to bool instead of int.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.