A corrupt undertaker facing a more-than-divine judgment. A fiddle made of flesh and bone that can only play the song of its creation. A man wakes up to find his doppelganger smiling at him. Mysterious old men who peer into the second-floor windows of sleeping children.
These and other mysterious events haunt the world of The Cousin of Death and Other Unexplainable Events, a book that finds horror in the folk tales of the deep past and in the all-too-immediate, chillingly possible present.
Includes 23 pages of bonus material not available anywhere else, including author commentary on every story, script excerpts, character designs, sketches, and pencils.
“Will keep you wide awake all night.”
“In a world where virtually all ‘horror’ web comics include actual horror more as an afterthought to their story or as a means of morbidly dark humor, Split Lip is an anthology of pure horror tales.”
All Stories Written by Sam Costello
Featuring the stories
- Ashes to Ashes, art by Anthony Peruzzo (Displaced Persons, Image)
- Mujer, art by Sami Makkonen (Deadworld, IDW)
- Face Blind, art by Ayhan Hayrula
- The Wind and The Rain, art by Neal Von Flue
- The Railroad Boy, art by Felipe Sobreiro (Spread, Image)
- An Old Man, Looking, art by Diego Candia
- Fitcher’s Bird, art by John Bivens (Dark Engine, Image)
- The Cousin of Death, art by Gary Crutchley (Western Noir, Accent UK)
Cover by Shane Oakley (Zombie Tales, Cthulhu Tales, Boom)