This package deal saves you $10 and includes:
- The Cyber Plumber's Handbook - Regularly $19.99
- The Cyber Plumber's Lab Guide - Regularly $29.99
- 28 days of interactive lab access (starts immediately after purchase so plan accordingly!)
Want to up your penetration testing skills and reach the dark corners of networks? Wish you knew how attackers pivot and move within networks? Are you maximizing the capabilities within SSH? SSH tunneling is a skill you can use for the rest of your IT career. SSH tunneling and port redirection are skills that can be applied in any information technology discipline, so it does not matter if you are a network engineer, red teamer, penetration tester, developer or something in between.
This book is packed with practical and real world examples of SSH tunneling and port redirection in multiple realistic scenarios. It walks you through the basics of SSH tunneling (both local and remote port forwards), SOCKS proxies, port redirection, and how to utilize them with other tools like proxychains, nmap, Metasploit, and web browsers.
Advanced topics included SSHing through 4 jump boxes, throwing exploits through SSH tunnels, scanning assets using proxychains and Metasploit's Meterpreter, browsing the Internet through a SOCKS proxy, utilizing proxychains and nmap to scan targets, and leveraging Metasploit's Meterpreter portfwd command. For the complete list of topics covered, check out the table of contents.
The book is a PDF packed with 80 pages of examples, code snippets, and figures to transform you into a Cyber Plumber!
Four jump boxes provide the Internet facing portion of the lab. However, the fun really starts when you start leveraging tunneling techniques to reach the internal side of the network to access services such as Secure SHell (SSH), Web, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). The Linux and Windows targets are also running vulnerable services that can be exploited for the true tunneling ninjas. Each of the exercises has a brief description and solution to assist you in the event you get stuck.
The interactive lab portion requires a Linux-based host or virtual machine (preferably Kali), Internet access, a basic grasp of networking and Information Technology fundamentals, and Linux commands. The use of a Windows Operating System to access the lab has not been tested. Immediately after purchasing this, you will receive an SSH private key via email and instructions on how to access the lab. Your 28 days of lab time starts immediately after purchasing, so plan accordingly!
"After your course, I have been able to:
1) Stand-up a cloud-hosted Kali box, configure OpenVAS, ssh into the box...all encrypted yet run on my local browser. I no longer have to bother with installing VNC.
2) Same thing with Dradis...allows a penetration testing team to collaborate on an assignment without having to mess with certificates.
3) I wrote a script that launches 10 VMs in DigitalOcean in seconds, then I ssh into them with -D 9050...9059. I have 10 entries in my proxychains.conf file for 127.0.0.1 9050 ... 127.0.0.1 9059, and then launch theHarvester with proxychains. Google no longer accuses me of being a bot.
4) I passed a tip along to a network engineer at my company that he should read your book rather than exposing an administrative login page on a public facing website.
5) For privacy, I sometimes create a VM on the fly and use it as a proxy in Firefox."
Bulk / Team Pricing
The purchase of this package deal is for individual use only. If you are interested in bulk or team pricing for your organization, please contact us using one of the methods found here. Access keys cannot be shared and your lab access will be immediately revoked without a refund if you are discovered doing this.
No refunds. If you have questions about what content is in the book, lab guide, or whether or not you have the appropriate skills, please contact us using one of the methods found here.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for purchasing the The Cyber Plumber's package deal! You can expect an email from Gumroad in the next few minutes with a link to download the PDFs and a separate email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and SSH private key to access the lab. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.