The Hands-on Guide to Building Apps with Python
Ready to build your own apps?
In this book I'll show you how to create your own desktop applications in Python. Starting with a basic window on your desktop, we'll work up to more complicated — and real — applications.
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I want to pass that knowledge on to you.
— Martin Fitzpatrick
The book + Source Code ($15)
665 page ebook taking you from basic concepts through creating your first app, to more complex applications. Includes the following chapters —
- Creating your first Qt application
- Signals, Actions & Events
- Widgets, Layouts & Dialogs
- Designing apps with Qt Creator
- Model Views & Databases (SQL-linked widgets)
- Plotting with matplotlib & PyQtGraph
- Creating custom widgets & graphics
- Multithreaded Qt applications
- Packaging your applications for Windows, MacOS, Linux
Includes PDF, EPub and Kindle formats.
The book + Source code + Video course ($19)
- Video course with 2.5 hours of tutorials walking you step by step through the process of learning to develop UI applications.
- Build your own Web Browser walkthrough "Mozzarella Ashbadger"
- Everything you get with the book
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.