The Hands-on Guide to Building Desktop Apps with Python
Ready to build your own apps?
In this book I'll show you how to create your own desktop applications in Python. Starting with a basic window on your desktop, we'll work up to more complicated — and real — applications.
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I want to pass that knowledge on to you.
— Martin Fitzpatrick
What do I get?
166 page ebook taking you from basic concepts through creating your first app, to more complex applications. Includes the following chapters —
- Installing PyQt (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Creating a Qt application
- Signals & Actions
- Designing apps with Qt Creator
- Advanced Signals & Events
- Multithreaded Qt applications
- Packaging cross-platform apps for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Includes PDF, EPub and Kindle formats.
The guide to building and distributing professional GUI applications with PyQt.