Ready to build your own apps?
In this book I'll show you how to create your own desktop applications in Python. Starting with a basic window on your desktop, we'll work up to more complicated — and real — applications.
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I want to pass that knowledge on to you.
— Martin Fitzpatrick
The book ($4)
166 page ebook taking you from basic concepts through creating your first app, to more complex applications. Includes the following chapters —
- Installing PyQt (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Creating a Qt application
- Signals & Actions
- Designing apps with Qt Creator
- Advanced Signals & Events
- Multithreaded Qt applications
- Packaging your applications for Windows, MacOS, Linux
Includes PDF, EPub and Kindle formats.
The book + Source code + Intro videos ($9)
- Introduction videos getting started with PyQt — covering installation, and creating your first window
- Source code for all examples in the book
- Everything you get with the book
The book + Source code + Video course + 2 Demo apps ($29)
- Complete course with 2.5 hours of video tutorials walking you step by step through the process of learning to develop UI applications.
- Build your own Web Browser walkthrough"Mozzarella Ashbadger"
Source code for Mozzarella Ashbadger web browser and Moonsweeper a minesweeper clone built with PyQt
Everything you get with the book
The guide to building and distributing professional GUI applications with PyQt.