Enhance your Blender skills with this step-by-step course on creating one of the most iconic weapons of all time. In this beginner's course you'll learn how to model, texture, and composite Thor's hammer from start to finish.
By the end of the course you'll have learned many different modeling techniques and tools and you'll gain a better understanding of how to approach the modeling process in general.
You'll learn all about using Blender's node editor to create procedural shaders such as steel and leather totally from scratch. Once the shaders are complete we'll prop the hammer up on some rocks and set up realistic environment lighting using an HDR image.
Finally we'll fire up Blender's compositor and add some post processing to the rendered scene. We'll be adding in a background, playing with color balance, and adding in some lightning bolts for the final touches.
Check out what's included in this Blender course:
- Course includes 4 hours of step by step training
- Learn the basics of modeling including using modifiers such as subsurf, array, shrinkwrap, and more.
- Quickly add HDR environments for scene lighting in Cycles
- Learn how to use the node editor to create complex procedural shaders from scratch.
- Use Blender's compositor for color balancing, adding in a background, and adding some lightning bolts to complete the final product.
- Includes bonus chapters on micropolygon displacement and an intro to Blender's all-in-one Principled shader!
- The final blend file is also included!
You'll only require basic experience with Blender in order to follow along with this course. Each chapter is step by step and on top of me saying the hot keys as I'm using the tools there are also key callouts at the bottom of the videos. And as always if you have any trouble feel free to email me at email@example.com for one-on-one help.