"I always refer to Getting Things Done as my productivity bible and I go back to it regularly to ensure that I still follow the sage advice given within. Well, I’ve now got a second book that deserves to sit alongside GTD and I really cannot give it any higher praise than that."If you are serious about being an OmniFocus Power User, you have to read this book." - Lee Garrett, Productivityist
Discount: An Educational/Upgrade discount option is available.
Guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product, send an email during your first 30 days for a refund, no questions asked.
- Are you struggling to get your work done?
- Do you forget the things you need to do?
- Does it seem you are always "putting out fires", instead of getting to what you want to do?
Creating Flow with OmniFocus helps you to easily guide your work, play, and productivity throughout the days, weeks, and years using the strength of the task and project manager, OmniFocus. Creating Flow guides you from the basics to the most advanced uses one step at a time.
The second edition streamlines and builds upon the ideas of the original. Beyond simply describing the use of Omnifocus, Creating Flow integrates concepts from the eLit award-winning Workflow Mastery: Building from the Basics into a smooth, near self-sustaining system.
The first half helps a user build a central dashboard around which many tasks and projects can be guided. The latter half builds upon the system not only for various daily uses but for developing mastery in chosen endeavors. Large projects such as writing books, studying for courses, developing skill sets, and more can be integrated into a ready system of daily work.
Further, and quite importantly, the user can still create space in the day. Creating Flow is not about getting as much done in as little time as possible. Certainly, if you have not learned efficiency, Creating Flow will help you form it. More importantly, however, it is about clearing paths to develop what you find to be most meaningful, OmniFocus being a tool for that process.
Creating Flow offers a steady pace to learn OmniFocus. Each step builds upon the last with ready links to return to previous steps.
Clearing paths to develop meaningful work and mastery is not simple. But we can develop habits and systems to simplify our approach to the day. A solid workflow allows us to enjoy our own ideas, rather than be intimidated by a fear that we have no place to put them. Gradually, we find and create the means for clear focus.
- Build a trusted system and get things off your mind.
- Take control of OmniFocus at a much deeper level by mastering perspectives.
- Build a core system to manage responsibilities and tasks easily.
- Take on the projects you want to, knowing you have a way to do them day to day.
- Grasp basic and advanced concepts of OmniFocus through real examples.
- Gain mastery and integrate maintenance tasks, new tasks of the day, as well as larger projects.
- Have daily tasks and year long projects rest easily side by side.
- 110,000+ words
- Numerous screenshots, images, examples, and tutorials
- DRM-free ePub, Mobi, and PDF formats
What's new in the Second Edition?
- A streamlined singular workflow
- Use of OmniFocus for In-Depth sessions of work
- Enhanced section on the use and types of contexts
- Establishing trust with contexts and perspectives
- Buffering routine to avoid compulsive use
- Several new sections on building systems from simple to complex
- Enhanced use with customized perspectives
- New useful perspectives, (such as a Dashboard perspective, Settling perspective, Communications perspective, among others …)
- Creating a flow of perspectives
- More thorough sections on building routines
- Using OmniFocus to develop desired habits
- Templates and alternate template uses
- Consolidating higher horizons to make choosing Most-Important-Tasks (MITs) simpler
- The use of meta-tasks
- Use of OmniFocus in large projects with clear scale (Example of use as a student)
- Use of OmniFocus in large creative projects (Example of use in study and music mastery)
- Expanded techniques for creative work
- Expanded problems and solutions section
- Enhanced processing email with OmniFocus
- Expanded tips and tricks
- Using TextExpander with OmniFocus
- Using Keyboard Maestro with OmniFocus
- And of course, all text is updated for OmniFocus 2
Praise for the Second Edition
"Been using @OmniFocus since ~2008; reading Creating Flow with OmniFocus by @kouroshdini - at 1/3 of the way in, it's already a game-changer." - Chris
I've used OF for years and hesitated for some while before buying your book but now I wish I had bought it when you published it. It is the most straightforward, easy and simple to understand system around OF I've read but that simplicity belies its depth. You make everything so clear and measured that it is a bit like a Trojan horse in that suddenly you realise that this clearly constructed system is being created almost without trying that hard. It's given me so much to think about and what I've implemented so far has improved my whole use of OF and GTD.
But it goes much further than that. The book is not just a how-to guide, but looks at the psychology of productivity and what prevents and what enhances it. It is a book of insight and that is what raises it to a level I've rarely come across anywhere else. Brilliant.
Thank you. :-)"
When I first purchased the First Edition, I had just started using OmniFocus, and it was perfect for where I was at that time. After living in OmniFocus for 50 to 60 hours per week over the past 2 years, I thought I was a very advanced user using many custom perspectives and Applescripts. Notwithstanding my opinion of myself, I purchased the second edition anyway, and that turned out to be a very good decision. The first few chapters ground the reader in OmniFocus fundamentals which is necessary for the new OmniFocus user, but is also helpful to the more experienced OmniFocus user. And the later chapters....WOW! After implementing many of your tips, techniques, and recommendations, I have both simplified, yet deepened my understanding and usage of OmniFocus, and have definitely created a flow to my day which was lacking previously.
Praise for the First Edition“… by far the greatest tutorial on a piece of productivity software that I have ever laid eyes on.” - CM Smith, Lifehack.org
"It’s the best explanation/exegesis/how-to book on OmniFocus I’ve ever seen. Like, it really covers why OmniFocus is made the way it is, but it’s also like so good at incorporating it with best practices of productivity and getting things done in particular. It really is about setting up a trusted system and then getting to work." - Merlin Mann, 5by5
"I was a little reluctant to buy it at first; with so much information and advice about using OF on the web I wasn’t sure that the book would add value. I am not an OF newbie and have been practicing GTD for several years, so I was unsure whether this would be more of the same information.
"I was wrong, I’m only 75% through and already the book has taken my Omnifocus use and GTD practice to a new level. I would recommend it as essential reading for any OF user." —Steve, reader"… hands down one of the most exhaustive and detailed resources for OmniFocus that I have seen. If you are at all intimidated by OmniFocus, or even if you are already using it daily and want to learn more about it, I highly recommend Kourosh’s ebook." - Shawn Blanc
Guarantee: If for any reason you’re not satisfied with your product, send an email during your first 30 days for a refund, no questions asked.
*Note: ePub file does not render in Google Play.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share