This book is an up-to-date, well-organized knowledge base for anyone dealing with CSV files as a Ruby developer. From simple actions like reading and creating CSV files to processing CSV with Rails, parsing large files, and using advanced preprocessors, this book will be your companion.
This is a book by Paweł Dąbrowski, creator of the Long Live Ruby blog. I have been working with CSV and Ruby for over 9 years when building small startups and large enterprise applications used by companies from the Fortune 500 list. This PDF is a condensed knowledge that will help you to build apps and solve problems.
Here's a sample from the book. No email address necessary.
What's the refund policy?
If what you see is not what you expected, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
- What will you learn after reading this book
- Information about the Ruby version
- Information about the author
The anatomy of CSV format
- The structure of the CSV file
- Where CSV files are used
- Common problems with parsing CSV files
- How Ruby handles files in CSV format
Parsing CSV file
- Parsing files from different sources
- Parsing large files
- Summary about parsing modes
- Parsing the table and rows separately
Creating CSV files
Editing existing files
More advanced CSV manipulation
Ruby on Rails and CSV format
- Exporting the data in CSV format from controllers
- Exporting records in the CSV format
- Loading records from the CSV file
Useful Ruby gems
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your support. Long Live Ruby!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.