Every developer has to work with a CSV file sooner or later. From importing data from system to system, or maybe from a person to a system. Sometimes it's a migration from an old system.
Rails makes this pretty easy, but there are some rough edges to get by.
In a series of four videos, I will show you how to set up a form to accepts a CSV file, import the file, parse the data, and create records that match the data in the file.
What you'll learn
1. How to parse data in CSV files
2. How to skip headers in a CSV file
3. How to transform headers in a CSV file for easier navigation
4. How to map the fields in the CSV file to fields in a database table
What you'll get
1. Four HD videos that describe the process
2. All source code used in the example
3. All updates, free. Forever.