The hamstrings work on both the knee and the hip.
Like the long hip flexors, the hamstrings can be anchored by stabilizing the hip bones. They can also be anchored in a number of ways by the lower leg bones or by activation of muscles like the quadriceps and/or calf muscles (in particular the gastrocnemius, but also by the soleus and or peroneus muscles.)
With lessons in muscle control for your hamstrings, you'll learn various ways to anchor the hamstrings. You'll also learn how to activate them and control them. You may that the techniques you learn in this course help you to improve hamstring flexibility, though this isn't guaranteed. (It does come with a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with this course.)
Preparation: spinal back bending
- 0 0 1a 0 Pelvic Back Tilting sacrum.mp4
- 0 0 1a 1 Pelvic Front Tilting sacrum.mp4
- 0 0 1a 2 Thoracic (and lumbar) Back Bending.mp4
Toe, heel, foot and ankle control
- 0 2 0 0a toe bends.mp4
- 0 2 0 0b ankles then ankles and toes.mp4
- 0 2 0 0c 0 heel awareness.mp4
- 0 2 0 0c 1 heel stiffening.mp4
- 0 2 0 0d 0 Seated Toes spreading.mp4
- 0 2 0 0d 1 Seated Toe spreading Adjustments.mp4
- 0 2 0 0e 2 big toes (and thumbs).mp4
Shin rotations, basic hamstring, hamstring tendon and gluteus maximus activation while sitting
- 0 2 1a Seated Shin Rotations.mp4
- 0 2 1b Shin Rotation Landmark Awareness.mp4
- 0 2 1c Shin Rotation Notes on Knee Straightness.mp4
- 0 2 2a Adding Tension to Back of Knee.mp4
- 0 2 2b Adding Tension to Back of Knee Alt Technique.mp4
- 0 2 3a back of knees.mp4
- 0 2 3b gluteus maximus activation.mp4
- 0 2 3c hamstring activation.mp4
- 0 2 3d hands free knee hamstring gluteus maximus activation.mp4
- 0 2 3e straight knee knees hams glutes.mp4
- 0 2 3f straight knee hands free KHG.mp4
Standing hamstring and gluteus maximus activation
- 0 2 4a 1 Hamstrings Standing.mp4
- 0 2 4a 2 Hamstrings Standing Alt Method.mp4
- 0 2 4b Muscles Need Opposition.mp4
- 0 2 4c Glutes Standing.mp4
- 0 2 5 0a 0 forefoot and calf activation 1.mp4
- 0 2 5 0a 1 forefoot and calf activation 2.mp4
Calf and hamstring activation in basic standing yoga poses
- 0 2 5 0b 0 feet calfs and hamstrings.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 1 feet calfs and hamstrings standing forward bend 1.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 2 feet calfs and hamstrings standing forward bend 2.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 3 feet calfs and hamstrings pyramid pose.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 4 feet calfs and hamstrings half moon pose.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 5 fine tuning calf activation.mp4
- 0 2 5 0b 6 calf and hamstring activation while seated.mp4
More hamstring activation methods while standing
- 0 2a 1 hamstring activation basics while standing.mp4
- 0 2a 2 hamstring 4 part leg lift.mp4
- 0 2a 3 intentional hamstring activation.mp4
- 0 2a 4 hamstring activation pyramid pose.mp4
- 0 2a 5 hamstring activation standing forward bend.mp4
- 0 2a 6 using hamstrings to stand.mp4
- 0 2a 6a hamstring activation triangle pose.mp4
- 0 2a 7 hamstring activation side bend.mp4
- 0 2a 8 hamstring activation half moon.mp4
Hamstring and glute activation while lunging
- 0 2b 1 hamstrings and glutes knee lunge.mp4
- 0 2b 2 hamstrings and glutes knee lunge notes.mp4
- 0 2b 3 hamstrings and glutes locust leg lift.mp4
- 0 2b 4 hamstrings and glutes back leg lunge.mp4
- 0 2b 4a hamstrings and glutes back leg lunge notes.mp4
- 0 2b 4a hamstrings and glutes back leg lunge shoulder note.mp4
- 0 2b 4c hamstrings and glutes front leg lunge.mp4
- 0 2b 4d hamstrings and glutes front leg lunge notes.mp4
- 0 2b 5 hamstrings and glutes notes.mp4
- 0 2c 0a 1 F-Bend Wt Shift.mp4
- 0 2c 0a 2 a Half Moon Wt Shift.mp4
- 0 2c 0a 2 b Half Moon Hand Lift Notes.mp4
- 0 2c 0a 2 c Half Moon Hand Relaxing Notes.mp4
Static hamstring and glute activation practice
- 0 2c 1 hamstrings and glutes static pyramid.mp4
- 0 2c 2 hamstrings and glutes static standing f bend.mp4
- 0 2c 3 hamstrings and glutes static triangle.mp4
- 0 2c 4 hamstrings and glutes static half moon.mp4
- 0 2c 5 hamstrings and glutes kneeling.mp4
- 0 2c 6 hamstrings and glutes pigeon pose.mp4
- 0 2d 1 hamstrings and glutes against a wall.mp4
- 0 2d 2 hamstrings and glutes seated f bend.mp4
- 0 2d 3 hamstrings and glutes standing back bend (highly optional).mp4
- 0 2d 4 hamstrings and glutes counter pose for backbend.mp4
Hamstring stretching in hurdlers stretch
(applicable to other seated hamstring stretching positions)
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 01 one leg at a time.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 02 positioning options.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 03 upright hamstring activation.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 04 adjusting the bent knee hip positioning.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 05 hamstring activation while bent forwards.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 06 increasing the moment arm.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 07 differences between relaxed and active lengthening.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 08 with active hamstring lengthening.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 09 alternative hamstring activation method explanation.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 10 alt hamstring activation.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 11 explanation using the front of the leg.mp4
- hurdlers hamstring stretch 12 using the front of the leg (and the back).mp4
30 day money back guarantee!
If you aren't satisfied with this course, let me know within 30 days of purchase and I'll give you your money back. My email is included with the confirmation receipt when you purchase this course.
Videos are in MP4 format and can be streamed or downloaded.
If downloading, I'd suggest using the VLC app to view the videos.
How this course is taught
Lessons are follow along with the suggested approach being to memorize the actions so that you can do the exercises without requiring the videos. You can then focus on anchoring and then feeling (and controlling) your hamstrings.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for buying this course.
If you have any questions you can reach me at:
If you have a question about a specific video in this course, please include the full name of the video in the body of your email. It can then make it easier for me to reference.
And also note, you can view the videos using the gumroad app. Or you can download them and view on the device of your choice.
For windows users you may find the VLC app useful for viewing downloaded files (https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html)
(There's also a version for android and for mac).
Ideally the exercises (and explanations) in these videos make it as easy as possible for you to learn to feel particular muscles and control them.
For any of the exercises, the goal isn't perfection. Instead, it is getting a feel for a particular muscle or action. If you can feel it, you can then fine tune the way that you do it. And you can also then choose, given a particular context, whether the action is useful or not.
All the best
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.