Swiss army knife tool for interactive modeling and retopology in Blender.
See it in action here:
This is a tool that aims to make retopology work more comfortable. It gives you very quick access to fuctions like interactive tweaking, extruding, drag-create-face, merge verts, delete, collapse, cut poly and more all within one tool. All with pre-selection highlighting.
“Interactive Topo” is a continuation of my “Custom Retopology” tool, but it has been re-worked completely and a lot of effort has gone into making it as useful as possible.
When you start the “Interactive topo” operator it will bring you into “interactive modeling mode”, which you can exit by hitting “ESC”, “Q”,”Space” or “Enter”.
There is a complete Hotkey Overview within "User Preferences / Addon / Interactive Topo"
How to install an addon in Blender:
Release Log v0.51 (changes from Custom Retopo):
- Name changed.
- Fix bug where undo would skip multiple steps.
- Better handling for different kinds of navigation (Max, Maya, Blender and Modo are supported).
- Occlude_geometry = false by default.
- Smooth handling from ctrl+shift+LMB in vert mode to ctrl+shift+LMB in edge mode.
- Operator only callable in edit mode.
- New Delete Mode with “X”. LMB = deletes, RMB = dissolves loop and MMB = dissolve.
- (New Tool) Create Face Tool = Ctrl+Shift+RMB.
- (New Tool) Continuous Create Face = Ctrl+Shift+MMB
- (New Tool) Custom merge vert tool = A+LMB.
- (New Tool) Cut tool = Ctrl+LMB.
- Cut Loop is now Ctrl+RMB.
- Dissolve edge loop X+RMB.
- Fixed bug when Drag Face while proportional on.
- Info bar in the header when Shift, Ctrl, X, A, and Shift+Ctrl is pressed.
- X-Ray = “Shift+X”.
- Hidden Wire = “Z”.
- Wireframe = “Shift + Z”.
- Make navigation options selectable from UserPref/Addons.
- Pre-selection highlighting can be toggled On/Off in UserPref/Addon
- (New Experimental Tool) Relax / Smooth with “S”. “Alt+S” preserves border.
(its an experimental feature because its way too slow on heavier models, but still a very useful tool. I use it all the time.)
- Add a Displace deformer and displace in and out with + / - ( helps a lot with display when X-Ray is off).
- face tint color is customizable from UserPrefs (Off by default).
- Be able to choose to tweak vert, edge, face or any combination.
- Ctrl+S for Save (File must be saved at least once first.).
- Orthographic/Persp toggle with Numpad 5 + Ctrl+Shift+Alt+LMB.
- Hold N+LMB/RMB to recalculate normals for whatever is under the mouse.
- A+Scroll = double automerge value.
- Shows Status of automerge in header info bar.
+lots and lots of fixes
I hope you will like the addon!