Now includes "Guide to Plotting Heatmaps with Seaborn" for free!
Data Visualization in Python, a book for beginner to intermediate Python developers, will guide you through simple data manipulation with Pandas, cover core plotting libraries like Matplotlib and Seaborn, and show you how to take advantage of declarative and experimental libraries like Altair.
Before diving too deep into the libraries themselves, we'll help you gain a better understanding of how the landscape of Python’s visualization libraries breaks down. To put that another way, it’s helpful to understand how the different Python libraries are designed and related to one another. Understanding how the different libraries operate will help you choose the best library for your visualization project.
We'll be covering:
- Matplotlib-based libraries
- JSON libraries
- WebGL libraries
More specifically, over the span of 11 chapters this book will cover 9 Python libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Bokeh, Altair, Plotly, GGPlot, GeoPandas, and VisPy. Each library has its own unique features and quirks, some related to each other, while some are based on completely different technologies and ideas. That being said, this book will act as a one-stop in-depth resource for learning the ins and outs of each.
Whether you're a student or a seasoned developer, this book aims to get you on board with the current landscape of Data Visualization libraries in Python and up to speed with some of the most popular and powerful tools out there.
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Types of Plots
- Manipulating and Visualizing Data with Pandas
Over time we will continually update this book by fixing issues, updating information, adding new relevant content, etc. Have any feedback on what could be fixed/changed/added? Feel free to contact us!
September 2020 (v1.0.0)
December 2020 (v1.1.0)
- Fixed image ordering issue in Chapter 9
- Fixed content rendering issue near end of Chapter 9 and start of Chapter 10
- Added ~50 pages through new in-depth examples, new datasets, and updates to existing examples
- Added new subsections "Change Tick Frequency", "Set Axis Range (xlim, ylim)", and "Bar Plots" to Chapter 4
- Updated "Histogram Plots" and "Scatter Plot" in Chapter 4
- Added new subsections "Violin Plots", "Bar Plots", and "Scatter Plots" to Chapter 5
- Updated "Distribution Plots" and "Pair Plots" in Chapter 5
January 2021 (v1.2.0)
- Added free "Guide to Plotting Heatmaps with Seaborn"
What is your refund policy?
We want to make sure you're 100% happy with the book, so we'll provide full refunds within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked. Simply reply to the download email with your refund request.
I found a bug/typo/issue in the book, how do I report it?
Please reply to the download email with any issues you find with the book and we'll correct it for the next update.
Can I share this book with my company or team?
Purchasing this version gives you an individual license. If you're interested in a group rate for a company, team, class, etc., please contact us.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.