- 3DS MAXScript
- Version Requirement: 3ds Max 2017-2021
DecalPlacer is a plugin for Autodesk 3ds Max utilizing on placing decals on objects, which can help you to speed up your work.
How to Use
How to Install
- In the Main Menu, go to Scripting > Run Script..., select *.mzp file and click Open.
- Or just drag and drop the *.mzp file into the 3DS Max viewport;
Click Install on Installer Dialog.
After 'Install Successfully' you can assign a keyboard shortcut. Found the tool in:
Customize > Customize User Interface > Category > MxTools > DecalPlacer
UI Style Types : Dark, Light.
Automatic change ui colors and icons when load custom ui scheme.
- Drop-down files list: Store opened files in the drop-down list;
- Open files: Add to list multiple files in one of formats *.tif, *.png, *.jpg, *.jpeg. Or drag multiple files directly from explorer to grid list.
When you open a decal file in one of the formats * .tif, * .png, * .jpg, * .jpeg. and if there is a file in that location with the same name as the decal filename with the .xml extension that store items layout then the decal will be split according to the .xml structure in a grid layout system else if the .xml file dos not exists then will be added a single item to the grid.
e.g: decals.png, decals.xml
<cell X="0" Y="0" W="1" H="1"/>
- X = Row Index;
- Y = Column Index;
- W = RowSpan Width;
- H = ColumnSpan Height.
Show stack result of layers that will be used when place decals on objects.
Drop a material on button to assign them to selected decal or drag from button to material editor to edit the decal material.
Layout layers type: Canvas, Tile, Frame, Pack. Switch between them to assign decals.
- Guides: Sow or hide layer guides on decal viewer;
- Solo: Hide layers temporarily except that you're working on.
Start placing decals on objects.
Hotkeys used when start DecalPlacer Tool on button action.
- alt key pressed + left mouse click: Delete selected decal from tool;
- left mouse click: Start create new decal.;
- mouse move in create mode: Resize decal;
- left mouse click on points hover and mouse move: Resize decal;
- left mouse click on handler hover and mouse move: Rotate decal.
Adjust value property on selected layer type.
- Canvas: Adjust canvas size ratio with slider value;
- Tile: Adjust background tiling with slider value;
- Frame: Adjust frame size with slider value;
- Pack: Adjust padding with slider value.
Change background color on grid and viewer. It is used for a better view of decal items.
- Offset: Offset projection distance from surface;
- SubDivision: Subdivide decal before projection;
- Conform: Enable/Disable conform projection.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for your support!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.