This bundle of episodes comes from one place: complete dissatisfaction with the way things are going right now in America. Looking at the sheer amount of sad weirdness going on, we decided there’s only one thing to do… podcast.
What you’re looking at is a bundle of special episodes of all of Duckfeed’s shows, covering a wide range of topics, and featuring a couple of special guests to help us out.
This is over 10 hours of content, spread across 12 shows. Though the base price is $10, we’re encouraging you to name an amount above that. All of the (100% of) (the entire) proceeds will go to charities that provide aid to groups that are vulnerable under Donald Trump’s administration. Nothing goes to Gary, Kole, Duckfeed, or any of the hosts involved in the creation of these shows.
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- The National Domestic Abuse Hotline
Here’s a summary of what you’ll get:
- Abject Suffering: Steve Gaynor (of Fullbright, developer of Gone Home and Tacoma) joins Gary and Kole to talk about Mortal Kombat 4 for the N64. Be sure to watch the endings to MK4.
- Adaptation Decay: Gary and Kole talk about the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon from the 1980s.
- Bonfireside Chat: Jim Crawford (Frog Fractions 2) joins us to talk about the recently recovered Souls of Darkness LCD game.
- Check It Out, Comrade!: Gary and Nick talk the placid beauty sim Proteus, and the scathing Wolfenstein 3D mod “Dialogue 3D”.
- Days of Future Cast: Gary and Jeremy tear into the Generation X made-for-TV movie from the ’90s.
- File Under Water: Gary and Kole talk about the R.E.M./Warren Zevon side project “Hindu Love Gods”.
- The Level: Kole gathers Dennis and Jala to talk about the classic indie game Machinarium.
- Monster in My Podcast: Gary and Kole treat you to a preview of the Shadowrun season of the show, by talking about five monsters from the “Paranormal Animals of North America” source book.
- Radio Free Mid-World: Autumn Greer, Jeremy Greer, and Murph Murphy join Kole to talk about Stephen King’s short story “1408”.
- Teenage Dirtbags: Who doesn’t want more Hot Chip? The Dirtboix settle in and talk sugar about “Don’t Deny Your Heart”.
- Those Damn Ross Kids: Kris and Kole bring you some greatest hits weird sex stories.
- Watch Out for Fireballs!: Gary and Kole revisit a classic Abject Suffering game, Pac Man 2: The New Adventures.
Gary and Kole would like to extend a huge special thanks to the people who contributed to this undertaking: Brayton Cameron, Nick Glauber, Jim Crawford, Dennis Furia, Steve Gaynor, Autumn Greer, Jeremy Greer, Murph Murphy, Jala Prendes, and Kris Ross.